Notices
Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Champion Motors shoutout

 
Old 06-27-2019, 12:46 PM
  #1  
walleyejack
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
walleyejack's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,085
Received 378 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Champion Motors shoutout

Took my car in on Wednesday as I've had a couple of codes for a week or two trying to self-diagnose it, I took it down waited maybe 5 minutes Kevin comes out and hooks the laptop up to it and everything points to the ebcm. Send the ebcm out 4 hours later its back installed late in the evening and I'm a happy camper.
Great job
walleyejack is offline  
Old 06-27-2019, 07:59 PM
  #2  
How Are You
CF Senior Member
 
How Are You's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2018
Posts: 155
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by walleyejack View Post
Took my car in on Wednesday as I've had a couple of codes for a week or two trying to self-diagnose it, I took it down waited maybe 5 minutes Kevin comes out and hooks the laptop up to it and everything points to the ebcm. Send the ebcm out 4 hours later its back installed late in the evening and I'm a happy camper.
Great job

Good job.
How Are You is offline  
Old 06-30-2019, 08:17 AM
  #3  
88BlackZ-51
CF Senior Member
 
88BlackZ-51's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2003
Posts: 10,639
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

This is starting to get a bit silly......Nobody cares about your Champion posts. Ding turn the page'
88BlackZ-51 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
RedZ4me (07-01-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 08:21 AM
  #4  
walleyejack
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
walleyejack's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,085
Received 378 Likes on 333 Posts
Default

Thank you for reading.
walleyejack is offline  
The following users liked this post:
SpartaGus (06-30-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 07:15 AM
  #5  
Fatnshort
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: Oakville Ontario
Posts: 41
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Champion Experience

$700 cash ( and lost day of work) for 1 hr of tune "adjustment" and didn't improve the drivability.
Fatnshort is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 09:50 AM
  #6  
Mike'sZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Mike'sZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 303
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fatnshort View Post
$700 cash ( and lost day of work) for 1 hr of tune "adjustment" and didn't improve the drivability.
I'm impartial to which shop does your work - But I think Champion motors have been around for 15 -20 years, and the tuner has been tuning vehicles for about 20 years, all types of setups. So they've definitely proven themselves with experience and time in the industry. Not sure about the other company that did your work previously, but nonetheless deserve some credit.

Could it be your setup, selection of parts, or install ? Cam selection or install, pushrod length, lifter issues?
Mike'sZ06 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
walleyejack (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 10:25 AM
  #7  
Fatnshort
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: Oakville Ontario
Posts: 41
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mike'sZ06 View Post
I'm impartial to which shop does your work - But I think Champion motors have been around for 15 -20 years, and the tuner has been tuning vehicles for about 20 years, all types of setups. So they've definitely proven themselves with experience and time in the industry. Not sure about the other company that did your work previously, but nonetheless deserve some credit.

Could it be your setup, selection of parts, or install ? Cam selection or install, pushrod length, lifter issues?
I asked the owner if they could tune out the low end surge ( BTR stg 2). He said they could, easily.
They didn't. And they charged me full tune charge. Point is, they promised something and didn't deliver. Another fellow there that day had them spend less than an hour for the same $700. Again, these weren't full tunes, just adjustments.
I'll be going bak to Dave at Race Ready.
Just giving my experience to my fellow GTA brothers.
Fatnshort is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 10:30 AM
  #8  
walleyejack
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
walleyejack's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,085
Received 378 Likes on 333 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fatnshort View Post
I asked the owner if they could tune out the low end surge ( BTR stg 2). He said they could, easily.
They didn't. And they charged me full tune charge. Point is, they promised something and didn't deliver. Another fellow there that day had them spend less than an hour for the same $700. Again, these weren't full tunes, just adjustments.
I'll be going bak to Dave at Race Ready.
Just giving my experience to my fellow GTA brothers.
then you should have contacted them and went back and they would make it right instead of posting on a public forum but it's your choice now you're going to go back to Cambridge and spend more money when Champions could probably fix it up for you have a BTR stage 4 and I had a little bit of surgeon bucking and they smooth that out a bit I understand that I'm going to get the bucking with stage 4 but I'm not worried about that stage 2 should never have any bucking.
walleyejack is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 10:37 AM
  #9  
Fatnshort
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: Oakville Ontario
Posts: 41
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by walleyejack View Post
then you should have contacted them and went back and they would make it right instead of posting on a public forum but it's your choice now you're going to go back to Cambridge and spend more money when Champions could probably fix it up for you have a BTR stage 4 and I had a little bit of surgeon bucking and they smooth that out a bit I understand that I'm going to get the bucking with stage 4 but I'm not worried about that stage 2 should never have any bucking.
Im posting my experience because they didn't make it right and I questioned the owner about the full charge. He said that was the flat rate fee. And for that, I'm posting on a public forum. What makes you think they will "fix it up" after Kevin told me he couldn't get the surging out?
Again, the owner said they could do something, didn't deliver and took an absurd amount for not doing as promised. That, in my opinion, is a filthy cash grab.
BTW, if your experience was good, then post it. I think most would like to hear about others opinions.

Last edited by Fatnshort; 07-13-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Fatnshort is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 11:08 AM
  #10  
Mike'sZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Mike'sZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 303
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fatnshort View Post
Im posting my experience because they didn't make it right and I questioned the owner about the full charge. He said that was the flat rate fee. And for that, I'm posting on a public forum. What makes you think they will "fix it up" after Kevin told me he couldn't get the surging out?
Again, the owner said they could do something, didn't deliver and took an absurd amount for not doing as promised. That, in my opinion, is a filthy cash grab.
BTW, if your experience was good, then post it. I think most would like to hear about others opinions.
Ya, it was good. I had my build done by another garage (it doesn't matter who) - 2003 C5 Z06 - tfs 220 as cast, BTR stage 3 cam, fast intake, etc., etc.). Wasn't running right the day I picked it up, I stuck around for hours but something was off. Next day took it to Champs and Kevin discovered the tune was way too rich. Rob found the pcv valve lines were reversed with the catch can and something else, can't remember, this was 4-5 years ago.
Kevin got the tune absolutely perfect. I did go back for a little correction after driving the car for a few weeks - This way I could explain the issues. And yes I paid the same.
Dyno numbers came in very average for my build (I was expecting higher but it's not a Mamo setup, no big compression) and don't get hung up on dyno numbers.
- BUT I've pulled C6 Z06's (with work -from a dig and on the roll a few times), AMG C63 and E63 (on a roll- highway) - which my vette shouldn't be doing, especially on rolls, I don't have the torque or hp to match, at least that's what the dyno tells me.
Then I turn the A/C on and cruise, no prob. 900 -920 idle.
You're welcome to meet up if you'd like.
And my car is a street car - Full custom stereo - dyna mat and heat shield throughout (including the rear wheels wells). And it does make a huge improvement with interior noise.

Makes me think something else on your vette might be off.







P.S.

Last edited by Mike'sZ06; 07-13-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Mike'sZ06 is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Mike'sZ06:
corrado (07-13-2019), walleyejack (07-13-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 06:44 AM
  #11  
Panterawill
CF Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2013
Posts: 84
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Meet

Originally Posted by Mike'sZ06 View Post
Ya, it was good. I had my build done by another garage (it doesn't matter who) - 2003 C5 Z06 - tfs 220 as cast, BTR stage 3 cam, fast intake, etc., etc.). Wasn't running right the day I picked it up, I stuck around for hours but something was off. Next day took it to Champs and Kevin discovered the tune was way too rich. Rob found the pcv valve lines were reversed with the catch can and something else, can't remember, this was 4-5 years ago.
Kevin got the tune absolutely perfect. I did go back for a little correction after driving the car for a few weeks - This way I could explain the issues. And yes I paid the same.
Dyno numbers came in very average for my build (I was expecting higher but it's not a Mamo setup, no big compression) and don't get hung up on dyno numbers.
- BUT I've pulled C6 Z06's (with work -from a dig and on the roll a few times), AMG C63 and E63 (on a roll- highway) - which my vette shouldn't be doing, especially on rolls, I don't have the torque or hp to match, at least that's what the dyno tells me.
Then I turn the A/C on and cruise, no prob. 900 -920 idle.
You're welcome to meet up if you'd like.
And my car is a street car - Full custom stereo - dyna mat and heat shield throughout (including the rear wheels wells). And it does make a huge improvement with interior noise.

Makes me think something else on your vette might be off.





P.S.
Iím in South Oakville if you ever want to meet up or if there is a gathering locally.


Will


Panterawill is offline  
Old 07-14-2019, 08:03 AM
  #12  
Mike'sZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Mike'sZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 303
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

Sure. Just watching F1 this morning and then running a couple of errands in the afternoon, I'm not far (Erin Mills and 403). I'm not sure when the next cruise is coming up - I was at the Niagara cruise, Fun ride!

Mike
Mike'sZ06 is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Champion Motors shoutout


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: