Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Champion Motors shoutout

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 12:46 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Default Champion Motors shoutout

Took my car in on Wednesday as I've had a couple of codes for a week or two trying to self-diagnose it, I took it down waited maybe 5 minutes Kevin comes out and hooks the laptop up to it and everything points to the ebcm. Send the ebcm out 4 hours later its back installed late in the evening and I'm a happy camper.
Great job
Old 06-27-2019, 07:59 PM
How Are You
Drifting

Received 403 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
Took my car in on Wednesday as I've had a couple of codes for a week or two trying to self-diagnose it, I took it down waited maybe 5 minutes Kevin comes out and hooks the laptop up to it and everything points to the ebcm. Send the ebcm out 4 hours later its back installed late in the evening and I'm a happy camper.
Great job

Good job.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:17 AM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

This is starting to get a bit silly......Nobody cares about your Champion posts. Ding turn the page'
The following users liked this post:
RedZ4me (07-01-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 08:21 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Thank you for reading.
SpartaGus (06-30-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 07:15 AM
Fatnshort
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Champion Experience

$700 cash ( and lost day of work) for 1 hr of tune "adjustment" and didn't improve the drivability.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:50 AM
Mikes-Z06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatnshort
$700 cash ( and lost day of work) for 1 hr of tune "adjustment" and didn't improve the drivability.
I'm impartial to which shop does your work - But I think Champion motors have been around for 15 -20 years, and the tuner has been tuning vehicles for about 20 years, all types of setups. So they've definitely proven themselves with experience and time in the industry. Not sure about the other company that did your work previously, but nonetheless deserve some credit.

Could it be your setup, selection of parts, or install ? Cam selection or install, pushrod length, lifter issues?
walleyejack (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 10:25 AM
Fatnshort
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mike'sZ06
I'm impartial to which shop does your work - But I think Champion motors have been around for 15 -20 years, and the tuner has been tuning vehicles for about 20 years, all types of setups. So they've definitely proven themselves with experience and time in the industry. Not sure about the other company that did your work previously, but nonetheless deserve some credit.

Could it be your setup, selection of parts, or install ? Cam selection or install, pushrod length, lifter issues?
I asked the owner if they could tune out the low end surge ( BTR stg 2). He said they could, easily.
They didn't. And they charged me full tune charge. Point is, they promised something and didn't deliver. Another fellow there that day had them spend less than an hour for the same $700. Again, these weren't full tunes, just adjustments.
I'll be going bak to Dave at Race Ready.
Just giving my experience to my fellow GTA brothers.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:30 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

I asked the owner if they could tune out the low end surge ( BTR stg 2). He said they could, easily.
They didn't. And they charged me full tune charge. Point is, they promised something and didn't deliver. Another fellow there that day had them spend less than an hour for the same $700. Again, these weren't full tunes, just adjustments.
I'll be going bak to Dave at Race Ready.
Just giving my experience to my fellow GTA brothers.
then you should have contacted them and went back and they would make it right instead of posting on a public forum but it's your choice now you're going to go back to Cambridge and spend more money when Champions could probably fix it up for you have a BTR stage 4 and I had a little bit of surgeon bucking and they smooth that out a bit I understand that I'm going to get the bucking with stage 4 but I'm not worried about that stage 2 should never have any bucking.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:37 AM
Fatnshort
Advanced

then you should have contacted them and went back and they would make it right instead of posting on a public forum but it's your choice now you're going to go back to Cambridge and spend more money when Champions could probably fix it up for you have a BTR stage 4 and I had a little bit of surgeon bucking and they smooth that out a bit I understand that I'm going to get the bucking with stage 4 but I'm not worried about that stage 2 should never have any bucking.
Im posting my experience because they didn't make it right and I questioned the owner about the full charge. He said that was the flat rate fee. And for that, I'm posting on a public forum. What makes you think they will "fix it up" after Kevin told me he couldn't get the surging out?
Again, the owner said they could do something, didn't deliver and took an absurd amount for not doing as promised. That, in my opinion, is a filthy cash grab.
BTW, if your experience was good, then post it. I think most would like to hear about others opinions.

Last edited by Fatnshort; 07-13-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:08 AM
Mikes-Z06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Im posting my experience because they didn't make it right and I questioned the owner about the full charge. He said that was the flat rate fee. And for that, I'm posting on a public forum. What makes you think they will "fix it up" after Kevin told me he couldn't get the surging out?
Again, the owner said they could do something, didn't deliver and took an absurd amount for not doing as promised. That, in my opinion, is a filthy cash grab.
BTW, if your experience was good, then post it. I think most would like to hear about others opinions.
Ya, it was good. I had my build done by another garage (it doesn't matter who) - 2003 C5 Z06 - tfs 220 as cast, BTR stage 3 cam, fast intake, etc., etc.). Wasn't running right the day I picked it up, I stuck around for hours but something was off. Next day took it to Champs and Kevin discovered the tune was way too rich. Rob found the pcv valve lines were reversed with the catch can and something else, can't remember, this was 4-5 years ago.
Kevin got the tune absolutely perfect. I did go back for a little correction after driving the car for a few weeks - This way I could explain the issues. And yes I paid the same.
Dyno numbers came in very average for my build (I was expecting higher but it's not a Mamo setup, no big compression) and don't get hung up on dyno numbers.
- BUT I've pulled C6 Z06's (with work -from a dig and on the roll a few times), AMG C63 and E63 (on a roll- highway) - which my vette shouldn't be doing, especially on rolls, I don't have the torque or hp to match, at least that's what the dyno tells me.
Then I turn the A/C on and cruise, no prob. 900 -920 idle.
You're welcome to meet up if you'd like.
And my car is a street car - Full custom stereo - dyna mat and heat shield throughout (including the rear wheels wells). And it does make a huge improvement with interior noise.

Makes me think something else on your vette might be off.

P.S.

Last edited by Mikes-Z06; 07-13-2019 at 11:14 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mikes-Z06:
corrado (07-13-2019), walleyejack (07-13-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 06:44 AM
Panterawill
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Meet

Originally Posted by Mike'sZ06
Ya, it was good. I had my build done by another garage (it doesn't matter who) - 2003 C5 Z06 - tfs 220 as cast, BTR stage 3 cam, fast intake, etc., etc.). Wasn't running right the day I picked it up, I stuck around for hours but something was off. Next day took it to Champs and Kevin discovered the tune was way too rich. Rob found the pcv valve lines were reversed with the catch can and something else, can't remember, this was 4-5 years ago.
Kevin got the tune absolutely perfect. I did go back for a little correction after driving the car for a few weeks - This way I could explain the issues. And yes I paid the same.
Dyno numbers came in very average for my build (I was expecting higher but it's not a Mamo setup, no big compression) and don't get hung up on dyno numbers.
- BUT I've pulled C6 Z06's (with work -from a dig and on the roll a few times), AMG C63 and E63 (on a roll- highway) - which my vette shouldn't be doing, especially on rolls, I don't have the torque or hp to match, at least that's what the dyno tells me.
Then I turn the A/C on and cruise, no prob. 900 -920 idle.
You're welcome to meet up if you'd like.
And my car is a street car - Full custom stereo - dyna mat and heat shield throughout (including the rear wheels wells). And it does make a huge improvement with interior noise.

Makes me think something else on your vette might be off.

P.S.
I’m in South Oakville if you ever want to meet up or if there is a gathering locally.

Will

Old 07-14-2019, 08:03 AM
Mikes-Z06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Sure. Just watching F1 this morning and then running a couple of errands in the afternoon, I'm not far (Erin Mills and 403). I'm not sure when the next cruise is coming up - I was at the Niagara cruise, Fun ride!

Mike
Old 07-17-2019, 07:20 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

Great job

an unsolicited celebrity endorsement …..what some people wont do for a discount on an oil change...

Get notified of new replies

To Champion Motors shoutout

Quick Reply: Champion Motors shoutout