Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Service question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 06:31 PM
VETT-ED
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Service question.

HI all newly in a c6 from my c5 I currently noticed a harmonic balancer wobble and a chirp and have read it is quite common. Anyone have recommendations where I can get this done and not lose the whole season? I know driving it like that is not a great idea.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:02 AM
Swift_Striker
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

If I wasn't so busy I'd give you a hand, I've swapped out my fair share of LS engine balancers.

My recommendation would be to get the Dayco 10% underdrive unit. I've run this on my old C5 and my current LS Swap RX8 and have never had any problems with AC/Alternator performance. It is also a single piece unit so it doesn't have an elastomer to go bad like the stock balancer. Worth it for <$50 difference. You would need a shorter belt, but it's a good maintenance item anyways.

RockAuto is the best place to get parts in my experience. Great prices and the cost they quote you is what you pay, no surprises at the door. (Don't forget to google coupon codes, they ALWAYS have a 5% off code)
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+balancer,5512

The following users liked this post:
VETT-ED (07-09-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 05:34 PM
VETT-ED
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply, and the recommendations seems tuff to find someone to do this everyone says its to long of a job to do in the busy season... gm dealership wouldn't give me a quote unless I booked it in said it's to old for them to quote..... and they also wont add an aftermarket part if I did book it in.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:06 AM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

Couple of local to you popular choices capable of that minor repair, I'm surprised no one recommended them, so I sent you a PM... Check it out and contact me to discuss if you wish
Old 07-10-2019, 09:02 PM
VETT-ED
Intermediate

Thanks to the replies and PMs this issue will be taking care of shortly, I appreciate all the advice and suggestions given by the members

Get notified of new replies

To Service question.

Quick Reply: Service question.