Canadian Events Canada, eh?

How much value has the C7 lost with the C8?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 05:19 PM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Default How much value has the C7 lost with the C8?

I have seen many C7 for sale and guys are asking $55-$65 for a C7 Stingray and even more for the Z06 and GS versions.

How much have these cars lost in value? The C7 certainly could have been much nicer. I hope GM got it right with the C8!!

I wouldn't touch a newer C7 for what ppl want for these cars.......
Old 07-24-2019, 12:50 AM
ireemun
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default lost value

who knows...looks too hard to say. Anything is a tough sell these days . Cars depreciate like a ****...prob 5 - 10 k per year, even when no miles are on em….plus there are 9000 unsold C7's....in the states alone...that speaks volumes. GM probably has no clue what to do with them...I say give em one at half price if they order a C8.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:01 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

I remember when the C7's came out. The C6's sitting on dealers lots didn't lose any value, especially the Grand Sports, the Z06, the ZR1 and the special models like the 427's and the 60th Anniversary models. I couldn't believe they were not discounted at the time.

I mean here was a C7 Stingray for under $60K. Yet these other cars were still commanding prices over $100K.

So I see the same thing happening with the C7. You'll probably find some private deals or people desperate to sell, but otherwise, I doubt you'll see much of a loss in value initially. At least on dealer lots.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:44 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Here's the thing with C7s on dealer's lots. They really don't need to discount them at all, because they know that the first year of the C8 will be very low allocation in Canada (in fact if you didn't put your deposit down a few weeks ago you probably won't get a 2020 model, you'll be pushed over into a 2021) Because of that fact, NOBODY will be able to just walk into a Chevy dealer next year and buy a C8. So what will a lot of people do? Buy leftover C7s! They are still an amazing bargain even with the current discounts (generally 5-8k off MSRP)

Used ones by private sellers are a different story. I feel a lot of these guys have had their head in the clouds for a long time now and need to come back down to earth. That's why I ended up buying a new C7 instead of a used one, as I was seeing a ton of used 2014s and 2015s in the Auto Trader priced higher than what I paid for my new 2018! And even the ones that were lower, were only lower by maybe $5000 at the most. So it was an easy decision to factory order it exactly how I wanted and get a full warranty too.

Get notified of new replies

To How much value has the C7 lost with the C8?

Quick Reply: How much value has the C7 lost with the C8?