Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Need 3M paint protection applier in Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 05:07 PM
96CELT4
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need 3M paint protection applier in Atlanta, GA

Hoping someone can recommend a good paint protection film installer in the Atlanta area. I've already purchased the complete Kit and some bulk material. However, I attempted one side Mirror on my own and realized I was in over my head.

Thanks,
Old 10-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Steve Treece
Instructor

Here ya' go.

UltraShield of Atlanta, Northwest
Kennesaw, GA
( Applicator, Mobile Service, Pre-cut Kits - 3M CERTIFIED INSTALLER )
678-384-4086 (Office)

Ask him if he is participating in the 3M "Test Cell". UltraShield on a national level is beta testing a new film for 3M...it is clearer, has less orange peel, and is even more stain resistant than previous versions. It is truly virtually invisible. I've done several installations with this and it is absolutely killer stuff.

Last edited by Steve Treece; 10-11-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:08 PM
96CELT4
Burning Brakes

Thanks Steve!

However, I've called them several times and always get a message stating they are not available but they will get back to you in 1 hour. I left 2 messages 3 days ago.... still no call back.

Any other installers out there?

Thanks
Old 10-16-2005, 07:17 PM
DeepBlueC
Instructor

Originally Posted by Steve Treece
Here ya' go.

Kennesaw, GA
678-384-4086 (Office)

Ask him if he is participating in the 3M "Test Cell". UltraShield on a national level is beta testing a new film for 3M...it is clearer, has less orange peel, and is even more stain resistant than previous versions. It is truly virtually invisible. I've done several installations with this and it is absolutely killer stuff.

Do you know of anyone installing the new product in Tampa?
Old 10-17-2005, 03:05 PM
Steve Treece
Instructor

Originally Posted by DeepBlueC
Do you know of anyone installing the new product in Tampa?
Yes, find the applicator list at www.ultrashieldusa.com.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Steve Treece
Instructor

Originally Posted by 96CELT4
Thanks Steve!

However, I've called them several times and always get a message stating they are not available but they will get back to you in 1 hour. I left 2 messages 3 days ago.... still no call back.

Any other installers out there?

Thanks
I've learned that the gentleman there, a young fellow only 32 yrs old, is terminally ill which explains the lack of a reply.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:44 AM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul, Call David Dearing at 678-249-7165. His company is called speedfilm. www.speedfilm.net

I had xpel on my 01 Z06 installed back in 01 by a guy up in Cumming. The install was ok...

30k miles and 22 months later it started to yellow so xpel sent me a new kit. David did the install for me and he was MUCH better then the original installer.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:32 PM
Strictly Business
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by 96CELT4
Hoping someone can recommend a good paint protection film installer in the Atlanta area. I've already purchased the complete Kit and some bulk material. However, I attempted one side Mirror on my own and realized I was in over my head.

Thanks,
I have used Shades Of Perfection on all 3 of my cars. They do an amazing job. Lamborghini of Atlanta referred them to me and after they install the paint protection on one of my cars I had them install it on the other 2. Flawless work!!! Their website is: www.tintingatlanta.com
Old 02-17-2014, 12:01 AM
Jean-Claude
6th Gear

OP, do yourself a favor and opt for Suntek self-healing film or Xpel Ultimate. 3m makes really poor ppf.

Detailed Designs Auto Spa
678-859-1795
www.detaileddesignsautospa.com

Paint correction, auto detailing, clear bra installations, CQuartz Finest, Opti-Coat PRO, Ceramic Pro 9H, Modesta BC05, ceramic window tinting....yeah, if you need to get it done right in Atlanta. DDAS has it covered.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:05 AM
Texas_Venom
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Treece
Here ya' go.

Kennesaw, GA
678-384-4086 (Office)

Steve I have been installing film for 12 years... never heard of this stuff you are promoting. I am in an installer forum and no one has received any of the new 3M film to date. So not sure what this test cell is all about... but why in the world would you push a product that is in testing??? There have been a lot of films over the years that look great when first installed then 6 months later it looks terrible. Ultrashield... if that is what 3M is calling it... has no proven track record. So to promote this blindly is a potential disaster for you if the film turns out to be junk (like 3M Scotchguard). Also the link you provided doesn't seem to be working.

Op both Suntek and Xpel Ultimate films have been on the market and have been proven to last... and both are self healing which is very important. You would be better off going with either of these films as they are the two best out there currently. 3M has been saying they were going to be releasing a new film for the last 3 years... and its still not out. So until its out, has been installed on numerous vehicles, and is proven to hold up over time, and is better than either of the films I listed you would be better off staying away from any beta testing.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:17 AM
Strictly Business
2nd Gear

Default Suntek is the only way to go!!

I have had my share of car and over the past few years I've had paint protection installed on all of them. I've been told that the product at all of the shops that were doing the installation that the film they use was the best. Not really knowing what was the best I let them install their product. Over the years I had a total of 6 cars that I have had the paint protection installed on. I've used 3M, Llumar, Xpel & Suntek. Now I'm not installing this stuff I'm just judging it after it's installed. Being extremely picky when it comes to my cars and after paying a good bit of money for this to be installed on cars that cost anywhere from 80K to 250K I really pay attention and inspect the work of the install and the quality of the product. Not just after the job is done but also over time. Suntek by far is the best product in my opinion so far. Crystal clear, material stays put and if anything ever scratches it, it's self healing meaning it fixes itself. And I think what also play a big roll in the whole thing is the installer. At first I just used whoever the dealership referred me to until I bought my first Lamborghini. The installer they use and now the only installer I will ever use is Greg Powell with Shades Of Perfection. This guy treats my cars like they were his own. Super nice guy and he really explains the process of the install and the product so you can fully understand what is being done to your car. Anyways sorry for rambling but in a nut shell, Suntek hands down in my experience is the best product when it comes to paint protection and I personally wouldn't have anyone else touch my cars except Greg Powell with Shades Of Perfection. You can see one of my cars on their website. www.tintingatlanta.com Thanks for reading and I hope this helps.

Last edited by Strictly Business; 02-17-2014 at 07:27 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Need 3M paint protection applier in Atlanta, GA

Quick Reply: Need 3M paint protection applier in Atlanta, GA