Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

RejeX vs Rain-X

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Buffy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RejeX vs Rain-X

I've used Rain-X for many years; of course it's for glass only. I recently put RejeX on my car and figured I'd go ahead and do the glass too. We've had some weather to try it out in here lately, so I thought I'd share my observations.

The Rain-X does do a better job of rolling water off the windshield, but the RejeX is easier and seems to last better.

Rain-X can dry very fast, making it difficult to apply when it's warm. The RejeX gives more working time.

With Rain-X, it doesn't take too many swipes of the wipers (yes, you still need them sometimes) before you can see where they go, I assume that this is the Rain-X starting to wear off. After a fair amount of wiper use in the last couple of days I don't see any marks on the RejeXed windshield.

With fresh Rain-X I've often noticed a bit of haze right after I turn on the wipers. Not usually a real problem but annoying. I've noticed this only once and very briefly with the RejeX.

Overall, I'll stick with the RejeX - being able to put it on everything on the car is a definite advantage as far as I'm concerned.

By the way, I've found that using RejeX in "unlikely" places - like inside the wheel wells - makes these places easier to clean. Now if I can just figure out a way to dip the car in it ...
Old 11-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Guitarstar
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My windows have never been cleared then with RejeX. Its a great product. Being able to have crystal clear windows is just one more added benefit of Rejex which has turned my Lemans Blue Metallic paint appearance into Electric Blue Metallic.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:51 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I found Z8 works great on my windshield. Makes my wipers work awesome.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:39 PM
jim213
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was a little hesitant to apply Rejex to my windows but after reading various posts decided to try it.

What a shine! Easy to work with and I'm going to apply Rejex to my other cars as well. Great product.

Old 11-22-2005, 05:02 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

You might also be interested in Aqualpel for your windows.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:27 PM
istsme98
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jim213
I was a little hesitant to apply Rejex to my windows but after reading various posts decided to try it.

What a shine! Easy to work with and I'm going to apply Rejex to my other cars as well. Great product.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:23 PM
okies93
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor 06

Originally Posted by ZaneO
You might also be interested in Aqualpel for your windows.
What kind of perks does it have? I use Rain-X and am pleased. Bug guts wash right off.

Get notified of new replies

To RejeX vs Rain-X

Quick Reply: RejeX vs Rain-X