Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Used Menzerna

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Pizzano
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Used Menzerna

I thought I would try the Menzerna products, picked up kit with the IP and the FP+2 micro buffing towels and applicator pads(towels scratched)

There were a couple swirls marks the Fusion didnt get out(or maybe it was just me being lazy, but I can only stand for a short time due to messed up back),anyways, Ive been reading and seeing that Agent and ZaneO recomend these products before the Zaino steps, well It definetly produced a stunning finish, along with applying a couple coats of Z2 pro again and the Z8, I was floored with the outlook, thanx for all the advise that is given here.

The only thing that did bum me out was with the kit I got there were 2 micro Fiber towels and applicator pads also, I noticed the micro buffing towels did indeed scratch (made in Korea), so I didnt use them, I used the ones that came with my Pad kit from the AutoGeeks.And my Towels I just purchased, Now Im good at least til next week until I get the urge to add another 2 coats of Z2,lol
Old 03-01-2006, 11:10 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where are the pics?
Old 03-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Superstar
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gmblack3
Where are the pics?
He is a BS'er. Ignore him.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Pizzano
Drifting

Originally Posted by Superstar
He is a BS'er. Ignore him.

Can't the moderators please eliminate this A$$ once and for all, All this clown does is come here and try to irritate people, This must be what happens when your breast feed until your 13 yrs old.

Grow the Hell up and go post at the Honda forums.

And Gmblack, If you go to MY Vete Pics, they will be up there as soon as the moderators approve them, which might take a couple days, there are a few there allready, but they are pics of after the PC fusion and Z2.

Last edited by Pizzano; 03-01-2006 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:56 PM
DreamVette97
Racer

Pizzano, I just picked up some myself. Bout to start using it now, hopefully be done in around 3 hours or so! Glad you got good results and hope i get the same!

Old 03-02-2006, 12:48 AM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,836 Likes on 660 Posts

Pizzano,

I just ordered that exact same Menzerna kit today(IP, FP, 2 pads and 2 towels). Did you do the process by hand or did you use the Porter Cable? Also, I'm glad you gave the heads up about the towels that come in that kit as I probably won't use them now after your bad experience.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:15 AM
Pizzano
Drifting

I used the PC 7424, the effort level was minimal, as far as the Towels, yes, I had some splatter from the pad and it dried so I tryed to buff it off with the shipped Microtowel, and I seen it scratching, of course my vette is Blk, and I also do my work in my garage under flourescent light so I catch almost everything, but Heck for $20 buks for the kit(cost more for shipping then the kit itself)lol, I guess I cant complain, Ill just use the towels for the chrome wheels or the glass.

I used the orange pad first for the IP, then the white for the FP, then Zaino Z2pro w/zfx (2 coats) Z6 between coats then a final Z8 coat.

Also the kit comes with a pretty handy detailed instruction handbook with pictures, in case you have questions or concerns.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:29 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

pics, man

my same experience also -- with menzerna, Z-PC, and microfiber towels. If you use MF, be really careful to test it fist , as you did, before just rubbing it all over the car. you can really do some harm.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:41 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
Pizzano,

I just ordered that exact same Menzerna kit today(IP, FP, 2 pads and 2 towels). Did you do the process by hand or did you use the Porter Cable? Also, I'm glad you gave the heads up about the towels that come in that kit as I probably won't use them now after your bad experience.
Is this the Menzerna Get Acqainted pack has two 6 ounce bottles of IP and FP?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Pizzano
Drifting

Originally Posted by LS WON
Yes!!
Old 03-02-2006, 09:55 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by LS WON
If it is from properautocare the towels are horrible, monster or power scrubber or something like that. They do work good for cleaning glass, thats about all I use them for. And the applicators will work good for removing bugs from the bumper or windshield when used wet. Glad to hear the Menzerna worked for you Pizzano.
Their Ceramic line (PO106FF and PO85RD) is also very nice, it is such a shame they discontinued the PO85RD. It is also a shame it comes in such big bottles (32oz).
Old 03-02-2006, 10:02 AM
jmdaniel
Racer

Newbie question here, I just picked up my new C6 last week, have a Zaino's kit being shipped, and wondering if I need to think about Menzerna first, then Zaino, as mentioned here. Looking at some info on the web, it looks like IP and FP are useful for paint that has some defects already. Would using it on a new car be a case of too soon?

Apologies if some of you folks are using the stuff on new cars, just thought I would ask...
Old 03-02-2006, 10:25 AM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jmdaniel
Newbie question here, I just picked up my new C6 last week, have a Zaino's kit being shipped, and wondering if I need to think about Menzerna first, then Zaino, as mentioned here. Looking at some info on the web, it looks like IP and FP are useful for paint that has some defects already. Would using it on a new car be a case of too soon?

Apologies if some of you folks are using the stuff on new cars, just thought I would ask...
If your paint doesn't have any defects, you won't see much by using the Menzerna twins. FP *might* burnish the paint a little, but that's about it.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:49 AM
jmdaniel
Racer

Originally Posted by ZaneO
If your paint doesn't have any defects, you won't see much by using the Menzerna twins. FP *might* burnish the paint a little, but that's about it.
Thx, that saves me some time.... love this forum!!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:27 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Did your kit come with Zaino Fusion (ZPC)? If so it will work just as good if not better than the Menzerna FPII. If not you probably want to think about picking one of the above mentioned swirl removers to remove any scratches or swirls that will get introduced by washing and drying over time. No matter how careful you are you will end up getting scratches. Even if you have your methods down pat somebody will rub against your car when it is dirty and swirls will be introduced, it is Murphy's law. I usually end up going over my cars with a swirl remover atleast every 6 months or more with my DD.

If you have a Porter Cable ROB and some foam pads it will work excellent with these polishes, if not you can do it by hand but it will be a lot more work.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:14 PM
toplessfun
Advanced

Default Menzerna Professional series

Is there a differance in the professional series that Menzerna has? We use the IP FP at my work but don't know if there is a diff?
Old 03-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Pizzano
Drifting

Heres some pics, hopefully they will post

Roof

Doing Dale Sr. Proud

Last edited by Pizzano; 03-02-2006 at 03:22 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Used Menzerna

Old 03-02-2006, 03:24 PM
jmdaniel
Racer

Didn't get Fusion in the kit, but did get Z-5, which sounds similar... ordered the PC 7424 this afternoon, so I should be getting closer! Black is a bit of work, ya know...
Old 03-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Pizzano
Drifting

Here are some more pics, If you notice, in some of the pics you will see the factory chrome screws from the kit I purchased from Todd Doles(forum member who posted these kits for sale)Well worth it , the pics dont do them justice, it really adds a touch of class to the Blk theme.
Enjoy.

The Shrine!!!!

Last edited by Pizzano; 03-02-2006 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:48 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Didn't get Fusion in the kit, but did get Z-5, which sounds similar... ordered the PC 7424 this afternoon, so I should be getting closer! Black is a bit of work, ya know...
The Z5 contains no cleaners or abrasives and will fill some minor swirls and is basically a LSP similiar to Z2p.

The Fusion is an abrasive polish and will remove your scratches and swirls and can be used by hand, ROB or with a rotary and should be used before you apply your LSP like Z5 or Z2p. It is basically Zaino's equivalent to Menzerna FPII.

Quick Reply: Used Menzerna