Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Black Magic detailing brush pack

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 05:41 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Magic detailing brush pack

Just tried the Black Magic detailing brush pack that I recently purchased. It's been sitting here for a few weeks and I finally decided to give it a try.

It was under 10 dollars at Wal-mart and consists of 3 brushes.

Vent Brush
Dusting Brush
Finishing tool

According to the package all 3 brushes are metal free so there's no need to worry about scratching.

They have a comfortable to grip and have a rubber texture to help keep them from slipping.

Vent brush - Both ends have a pair of flat prongs (covered in an almost felt like material) which insert into the air vents. You just slide them back and forth for cleaning to remove the dust. I moistened one end with some spray cleaner which made it even easier to use. After using it, I gave it another shot of cleaner and wiped it off to remove any dirt residue.

Dusting Brush - Semi hard bristles, good for getting into tighter area's of the car. Bristles are the quality of a cheap/medium priced paint brush. The brush is 1 1/2" wide and the bristles extend 3/4" out from the brush.

Finishing brush - 2 tips on this brush. First tip is a bristle tip. Similar to an artists paint brush or an old time barbers shaving cream brush. Used for getting into deeper places than the dusting brush. I did notice that light pulling on the bristles caused them to come out. Not a good thing.

The second tip is rubber. It can be used for removing white wax build-up on the exterior of the car. I applied some Mothers Carnauba wax to a seem on my GF's truck to test it out. After letting the wax bake in the Florida sun for about 30 minutes, I buffed it off. Of course it left a nice white residue in the seam which is what I wanted it to do. I tried using the rubber tip to remove it. While it did remove some of the wax, the tip wasn't pointed enough to really reach into the seam. I ended up using the trusty toothpick to get the rest out.

Over all, they're an ok brush set, but I would save my money and buy some decent brushes that will last longer and do the job they're supposed to.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:45 PM
FIDOauto
Pro

I have the Rim Brush and it is absolutely fantastic. If the other brushes are built like the Rim Brush (no metal with rubber lining) then I will be purchasing their other brushes too.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:52 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by FIDOauto

I have the Rim Brush and it is absolutely fantastic. If the other brushes are built like the Rim Brush (no metal with rubber lining) then I will be purchasing their other brushes too.

I have their rim brush and was really satisfied with it. That's one of the reasons I purchased their detailing brush pack. If they made the rubber tip on the finishing brush a little sharper and not as fat, it would be perfect for the exterior seams.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:22 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

How about a good wash bucket?
Old 03-14-2006, 08:33 AM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LS WON
How about a good wash bucket?
Funny you should ask that LS WON. I also picked up the Black Magic wash bucket and gave that a try a few weeks ago. It's a decent bucket, fairly wide instead of tall and it came with their version of a "grit guard" installed with it.

The bucket design is pretty good, wide and long with rubber coated handles. Easy to pick up and move around the vehicle.

The only problem I had was with their plastic grit guard. It would get air trapped underneath it and keep wanting to float up off the bottom of the bucket. So after taking out my trusty Dremel tool and drilling about a dozen small holes through the plastic, it seemed to stay on the bottom much better.

Get notified of new replies

To Black Magic detailing brush pack

Quick Reply: Black Magic detailing brush pack