Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

My review of Zaino Clear Seal!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 09:43 AM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hcvone
I have done 23 applications on different cars/SUV's with the "retail" 6 oz. bottle of Z-CS, 6 applications were on my 07' Escalade, I have used 1 3/4" of Z-CS, I will probably get 50-60 applications from that bottle, a little goes a long way, pretty cheap price per application.
.50 cents an application? Don't tell Sal as he may rethink his pricing.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:57 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tntdominic
That may be true . . . but still NO excuse for the rudeness of GM and Crusher's replies. These may be the smartest guys around, but their rudeness will just make others ignore them for what they are . . . mean spirited. Thats why this forum has rules about posting . . . to keep this crap from happening.
The Internet is not known for politeness, its too easy when you’re is a nameless person behind the computer screen.This can only be rectified by us setting a good example

Perhaps we should be more respectful of other's opinions, especially when they differ and use it as a learning experience Healthy debate isn't a problem as most opinions are at best subjective anyway, and there is always an opposing and often equally valid response, which should be encouraged.

Last edited by TOGWT; 04-06-2007 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:58 AM
ripen ls6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will probably get 50-60 applications from that bottle, a little goes a long way, pretty cheap price per application.
I'm sorry dude, but don't insult our intelligence.
When you say 50-60 applications, do you mean each car?
Old 04-06-2007, 10:06 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ripen ls6
See my previous post.

If you have a valid argument to dispute a poster's claim lets all here it and learn. Emotive / knee jerk reactions to a statement are in my opinion worthless
Old 04-06-2007, 10:24 AM
gmblack3
Safety Car

I will probably get 50-60 applications from that bottle, a little goes a long way, pretty cheap price per application.
He did say:

Not sure why you would confuse that with 50-60 per vehicle?
Old 04-06-2007, 10:33 AM
tntdominic
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Originally Posted by gmblack3
Read "thin skinned" in the dictionary and have a look in the mirror.
Dude,
Took your advice and checked the dictionary under thin skinned . . . intolerance to rudeness wasn't in there.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:01 AM
JJU
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

Deleted by owner

Last edited by JJU; 01-31-2022 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:45 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Dude? Read my post, 50-60 applications per bottle, understand now?
Old 04-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

TNTDOMINIC and TOGWT:

Thanks for your supportive comments! I feel exactly as you do.

I never meant to create debate, argument, bad feelings or anything else. Just shared my opinion on a new product since I hadn't seen a lot of discussion on it. Nothing else!

You guys are both a class act!

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2007, 04:48 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Today I helped the owner detail his silver GP with:

ZAIO
Z2pro
CS

The owner of the car and I agreed that CS added a nice gloss and depth to Z2pro.

He is gonna apply some Z8 either tomorrow or after the next wash.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:52 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

just got my clearseal in the mail today.
going to give it a try tomorrow if I can get the free time...
I'll have to take some pics for you guys.
hard to believe I can cover the car with 1/4 ounce, but that's what the directions say .
Old 04-07-2007, 10:41 AM
KarlK
Team Owner

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bugman
hard to believe I can cover the car with 1/4 ounce, but that's what the directions say .
Bugman, I can't believe you waited this long to get it!
Old 04-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Bugman:

As I have told you before, you and Zane-O have a lot of credibility with me as I have followed your reviews and advice for years.

I am sure I did something wrong, but it took several ounces for me to completely cover my car considering I did the paint and trim. I figure I could get three, maybe four coats, from a six-ounce bottle. I couldn't have done it too bad however as my C6 looked great when I was done!

I am anxious to see what you think.

Now, before I start getting slammed by others for using more than "1/4 ounce," please understand this is just the way it worked out for me to feel comfortable about the coverage. I have been using Zaino products for years and love them. It isn't anything personal!

Rob
Old 04-08-2007, 12:29 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Are you going to wash the car first or go through the Zaino process with Z-5, Z-6, and then Z-2? All of that before application of CS?
Old 04-08-2007, 02:55 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Karlk - yes, I've had a tough time getting the time to try this stuff. Just finally ordered a batch this week and they got it to me in 2 days ! Man they do ship fast...

Well, Rob4092 - I think it's natural with any Zaino product to use way too much the first few times until you get the hang of it. I think I"m guilty of the same thing today.

Don't have too much to tell you guys yet -- need to inspect my results in the AM in good daylight. Here's what I did:

Black Mercedes SUV :
  1. Z7 wash
  2. Z6 and dry
  3. Z5, no zfx
  4. apply clearseal outside, my first try - VERY windy conditions
  5. results: initially looked awful (of course, as it is expected): some rainbowing, and I got lots of overspray from the wind. As it dried I THINK most of the problems had faded, and hope it will all level out by the AM. What I learned: don't spray from too far away - instead, spray VERY close to the paint to reduce overspray

Then went to the victory red C6:
  1. z7 wash
  2. dry with z6
  3. 2 coats z5/zfx
  4. clearseal
  5. results: Much better -- I appliied inside the garage with doors closed and sprayed very close to the paint. This time, even within 10 minutes I could see that the rainbowing and smearing appearance had virtually entirely gone, leaving what looks like a perfect result. Will examine more in the AM.

Sal's instructions do tell you to spray four inches from the paint, and to avoid overspray. Seems to me you should REALLY heed this advice to get better results.

As far as quantity - I thought I was getting a better smear-free application when I sprayed MORE frequently, so that the surface was wet - and I could see the product spreading clean and smooth over the surface, without dots or smears. I'd guess I'm using more product than intended, but still -- I'm thinking I used maybe 1/2 ounce to cover those two cars. The SUV, of course, uses about twice as much product as the Vette.

The jury is out until tomorrow - hope I get some good weather in which to judge the results.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:20 AM
lexaudio
Melting Slicks

Can you spray it on a sponge and apply it or does it have to be sprayed and then wiped?

LEX
Old 04-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

: As far as quantity - I thought I was getting a better smear-free application when I sprayed MORE frequently, so that the surface was wet - and I could see the product spreading clean and smooth over the surface, without dots or smears. I'd guess I'm using more product than intended, but still -- I'm thinking I used maybe 1/2 ounce to cover those two cars. The SUV, of course, uses about twice as much product as the Vette.

Bugman:

You may be on to something. As mentioned in my original post, I liked the look of the CS from the minute I put it on. As mentioned in my other post, I seemed to have put it on heavier than others since I used several ounces on one application. The interesting thing is I never had any smearing, streaking or "rainbowing" effect at all! It looked great from the minute I put it on! Maybe the key is putting CS on heavier than recommended???

Now, one week later let me report on my results....

I live in Phoenix, AZ, where dust is always in the air. Any time I put a sealant product on any of my vehicles, the dust is attracted to it like a magnet. I use Zaino Z-2 Pro on my C6 and Finish First or Klasse AIO on my other two vehicles. Only after a few washes does the finish seem to stop attracting the dust regardless of which product I use.

After one week of driving around with the CS on, my C6 has collected almost no dust whatsoever. Couldn't tell ya if it is because of the CS or the weather (dust) conditions in Phoenix the past week. Either way, I was thrilled because I didn't have to wipe my car down this week (and that is always good!)!

Unless things change, I will continue to put the CS on heavier than recommended as I am very happy with what I have seen so far! Therefore, I plan on about three applications per bottle.

Now…if it were only a little less expensive (I am only kidding everyone!)!

Rob

Get notified of new replies

To My review of Zaino Clear Seal!

Old 04-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Originally Posted by lexaudio
Can you spray it on a sponge and apply it or does it have to be sprayed and then wiped?

LEX
I sprayed CS both directly on the finish and on the cotton applicator.

I found it went on the paint finish better if I sprayed it on directly.

I found it went on the black trim (around windows, wiper arms, air dam, exhaust panels, etc.) better if I applied it from the applicator vs. spraying it on directly.

Personally, after reading Bugman's experience, and mine, I think the key is applying more than recommended on the bottle. While you will end up paying more $$$ in the long run, it sure looked good from the minute I applied it! The black trim simply looks superb!
Old 04-08-2007, 03:35 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

I think when I applied the CS out of habit I rubbed it into paint rather than spray and spread. I wiped till it looked buffed. This can be used as a stand alone product?
Old 04-08-2007, 04:49 PM
69er
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

With ZCS easy application,fantastic shine and if it last 3 months instead of the 9 months advertised,it's a bargain.
I'll easily get at least 15-18 applications....maybe more.
I like using a more than instructed.
It's a fantastic product.

Quick Reply: My review of Zaino Clear Seal!