Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

My review of Zaino Clear Seal!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 08:53 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,551 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by REZ1
Hey Paul

Car looks great.
Nothing beats Zaino and the CS is incredible.
My new white car really pops with the z5/cs/z8 treatment.
Hi Arnie. Hard to beat the wet look that Zaino gives the paint. White is a hard color to get alot of shine out of, but this does give it some pop. Hope you're enjoying that new Vette.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:17 AM
CriticalmassGT
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
So is anybody going to use the Zaino CS as a substitute instead of using Z-5, Z-2 along with Z-6, and Z-8?

I'm going to try it on my newly painted top that is about a month old now. The body has been through the Zaino process many times including the Zaino CS.

Will just apply Zaino AIO and Zaino CS to painted top and see if it comes out with the same results as rest of car that was completely Zainoed with all the steps.
Dead thread is born again. I know, but that's what the search function is for eh?

I use ZCS as a replacement for the full step process because I don't have time to spend on the full process. It works great, you use very little. And if you apply too much you WILL know it but Z6 will take care of the oily over-done areas.

It is so easy I reapply about every two weeks or whenever I wash the car. In between, I use Z6 (once in a while I use Z8 but I don't really notice a difference between Z6 and Z8).

On my mustang I have a shiny black panel with some swirl marks. I'm currently in search of a filler type product that will work with Zaino. Since most fillers use silicones and other things that Zaino isn't compatible with. I may just buy the Z5 and have to apply several coats of it since I've read it's not that great of a filler with just one or two coats.

And no, I don't want to buff out the swirl marks and reduce the overall clear coat. I'm a firm believer that less is better which is why I use a nanoskin (replacement for Clay bars, much easier, works better. fewer issues) and polish only once a year.

With the UV protection and applications of Zaino, my car looks like it was polished a week ago. It's been a little over a year since I polished.

The stuff is great. And it's better than the Optimum WOWA which doesn't leave that slick as glass feeling or have as deep a shine to it.
The following users liked this post:
LS WON (06-23-2016)
Old 06-23-2016, 11:30 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by CriticalmassGT
Dead thread is born again. I know, but that's what the search function is for eh?

I use ZCS as a replacement for the full step process because I don't have time to spend on the full process. It works great, you use very little. And if you apply too much you WILL know it but Z6 will take care of the oily over-done areas.

It is so easy I reapply about every two weeks or whenever I wash the car. In between, I use Z6 (once in a while I use Z8 but I don't really notice a difference between Z6 and Z8).

On my mustang I have a shiny black panel with some swirl marks. I'm currently in search of a filler type product that will work with Zaino. Since most fillers use silicones and other things that Zaino isn't compatible with. I may just buy the Z5 and have to apply several coats of it since I've read it's not that great of a filler with just one or two coats.

And no, I don't want to buff out the swirl marks and reduce the overall clear coat. I'm a firm believer that less is better which is why I use a nanoskin (replacement for Clay bars, much easier, works better. fewer issues) and polish only once a year.

With the UV protection and applications of Zaino, my car looks like it was polished a week ago. It's been a little over a year since I polished.

The stuff is great. And it's better than the Optimum WOWA which doesn't leave that slick as glass feeling or have as deep a shine to it.

Quick Reply: My review of Zaino Clear Seal!