Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

My review of Zaino Clear Seal!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

Default My review of Zaino Clear Seal!

Well, as a Zaino user over the past two years, I decided to try their new product, Clear Seal!

Just like advertised, the product went on effortlessly over my Z2 base.

All streaks were gone within several hours leaving a nice shine behind!

I applied the product to all black trim and rubber and they also looked great!

I don't know how long the product will last, but I can tell you one major concern I have - price of the product!

$30 for a small six ounce bottle seems outrageous to me! While the shine is nice, I am not sure if I can justify this type of money for a product that couldn't cost anywhere close to this to make, even with R and D included!

As time goes by, I will let everyone know how durable the product is and how long the shine remains!
Old 04-02-2007, 06:58 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG you mean someone sells a product for more then it cost them to make. I can't believe it.

Based on how much you used, how many applications do you think you will get?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Originally Posted by gmblack3
OMG you mean someone sells a product for more then it cost them to make. I can't believe it.

Well, you certainly just demonstrated your level of sophistication!

Comments like yours are what makes so many others reluctant to share their experiences!

And from a “CF Senior Member” no less! I like to think most of us who have been around awhile have a little more tact than this!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:01 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Rob4092xx
Well, you certainly just demonstrated your level of sophistication!

Comments like yours are what makes so many others reluctant to share their experiences!

And from a “CF Senior Member” no less! I like to think most of us who have been around awhile have a little more tact than this!
Yes I am a bit of a smartashe. Thats what the is for after my rude post.

Sharing you experience is one thing, but making silly comments like this is another:

$30 for a small six ounce bottle seems outrageous to me! While the shine is nice, I am not sure if I can justify this type of money for a product that couldn't cost anywhere close to this to make, even with R and D included
How do you know how much the cost was to bring this product to market?

Again how much did you use and how many applications do you think you will get?
Old 04-02-2007, 10:19 PM
2klude
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really want to know how long this stuff last for... I had no idea it only came in 6oz bottles.

Do you use he same amount of this product for one coat as you would for one coat of z2 or z5. 1 ounce, which is half of the small bottles they provide you with the zfx kit, give me about 3 coats of z2 on my z06. If you do the math i should be able to get 18 light coats of this new product on my car... sounds pretty good when you do the math. Less than $1.65 per coat.

^^^ The above is correct if this new "clear seal" applys like Z2 or Z5.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:27 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

It's only a 1/3rd of the price of some of the fancy waxes people like.
JU
Old 04-02-2007, 10:33 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 2klude
I really want to know how long this stuff last for... I had no idea it only came in 6oz bottles.

Do you use he same amount of this product for one coat as you would for one coat of z2 or z5. 1 ounce, which is half of the small bottles they provide you with the zfx kit, give me about 3 coats of z2 on my z06. If you do the math i should be able to get 18 light coats of this new product on my car... sounds pretty good when you do the math. Less than $1.65 per coat.

^^^ The above is correct if this new "clear seal" applys like Z2 or Z5.
You will use alot less of CS then Z2/5pro.

IMO 1/4oz an application should be the most that you use. As a beta tester I have been using it since Nov. My est is that I use about 1/8 of an oz per application.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

As a beta tester I have been using it since Nov. .
Oh...I get it now...you get the product for free. Say no more my friend!
Old 04-02-2007, 11:15 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

The 1oz beta sample I did, but I pay for everything else including the ZCS and ZAIO I ordered the first day they became available.

If you have a better product send it to me, I'll give it a try...

So did you get out your calculator and figure out how much you have used yet?
Old 04-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

....Back up Rob......

Do you want to know about the product or not......?

Thirty bucks......Can you even fill up your vette for that.....?

Let me give you a ball park figure on CS.....If you follow the directions correctly, and apply the stuff over Z5 or Z2 you'll get 4-5 months worth of protection for your vehicle. Considering the small amount that is necessary to get the job done, you've got years (plural) worth of product in that little bottle.......

If you are only using it on one car, it will probably dry up in your garage before you use it all......

It's a new wipe on and walk away Zaino sealant. If you have some of their other stuff you already know about the duribility. I found out a long time ago you usually get what you pay for....
Old 04-03-2007, 06:30 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It has the durability of a polymer, wipe on and walk away (with this product I now have more time for writing as opposed to shining my cars) The ‘wet-look’ of a Carnauba wax Looks as good as or better than and is cheaper then a premier Carnauba.

FWIW A beta tester gets the product for ‘free’ but has to use and write a report on it, GMBlack is a tell it as it is tester (that’s why they choose him) honest (sometimes too honest) but I for one trust what he reports on a product
Old 04-03-2007, 08:01 AM
JoshVette
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Now, based on the durability of the CS over Z5 or Z2 (bottle says 9 months) and based on how many layers you can get out of that little 6 ounce bottle (if applied correctly you should get 20-25 coats) I would say we should all be appreciative of how cheap it really is considering it's the only thing on the market that does what it does and dry clear.

If it's too expensive remember nobodies is forcing you to buy it.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

$30 for a small six ounce bottle seems outrageous to me! While the shine is nice, I am not sure if I can justify this type of money for a product that couldn't cost anywhere close to this to make, even with R and D included!
Two questions...If you thought it was an "OUTRAGEOUS" price, why did you buy it?

Second, are you in the Wax/Polish research and development industry that you would know the cost of any one products R&D cost?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:43 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

I have no complaint at all on the cost of Clear Seal. Considering how much time it saves me and how long it last it is a steal. And not to mention it only takes 1/4 to 1/3 oz (pending on vehicle size) to do an entire vehicle.

And the added depth and wetness it gives my black Z06, PRICELESS.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:44 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

So is anybody going to use the Zaino CS as a substitute instead of using Z-5, Z-2 along with Z-6, and Z-8?

I'm going to try it on my newly painted top that is about a month old now. The body has been through the Zaino process many times including the Zaino CS.

Will just apply Zaino AIO and Zaino CS to painted top and see if it comes out with the same results as rest of car that was completely Zainoed with all the steps.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:07 AM
tntdominic
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Originally Posted by TOGWT
It has the durability of a polymer, wipe on and walk away (with this product I now have more time for writing as opposed to shining my cars) The ‘wet-look’ of a Carnauba wax Looks as good as or better than and is cheaper then a premier Carnauba.

FWIW A beta tester gets the product for ‘free’ but has to use and write a report on it, GMBlack is a tell it as it is tester (that’s why they choose him) honest (sometimes too honest) but I for one trust what he reports on a product
That may be true . . . but still NO excuse for the rudeness of GM and Crusher's replies. These may be the smartest guys around, but their rudeness will just make others ignore them for what they are . . . mean spirited. Thats why this forum has rules about posting . . . to keep this crap from happening.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:16 AM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tntdominic
That may be true . . . but still NO excuse for the rudeness of GM and Crusher's replies. These may be the smartest guys around, but their rudeness will just make others ignore them for what they are . . . mean spirited. Thats why this forum has rules about posting . . . to keep this crap from happening.
Maybe I'll just change my user name to:

"Ya big meanie"

Get notified of new replies

To My review of Zaino Clear Seal!

Old 04-06-2007, 09:29 AM
tntdominic
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Maybe I'll just change my user name to:

"Ya big meanie"
Read the sticky "FINAL WARNING" by c07vette at the top of this forum . . . you may not have to worry about a user name
Old 04-06-2007, 09:39 AM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tntdominic
Read the sticky "FINAL WARNING" by c07vette at the top of this forum . . . you may not have to worry about a user name
Read "thin skinned" in the dictionary and have a look in the mirror.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:40 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

I have done 23 applications on different cars/SUV's with the "retail" 6 oz. bottle of Z-CS, 6 applications were on my 07' Escalade, I have used 1 3/4" of Z-CS, I will probably get 50-60 applications from that bottle, a little goes a long way, pretty cheap price per application.

Quick Reply: My review of Zaino Clear Seal!