Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Griots Garage

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 07:55 AM
Bob88vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Griots Garage

New corvette owner, an '88 repainted in '96. Paint is well maintained and currently waxed up so I'm in no big hurry but doing my research on the Forum. Eventually will venture into the really detailing the finish. Seems Zaino and Adam's are the products that rise to the top in quality and results, or maybe just the most popular, which I think is important as well when that many use the product.

Recently I received a Griots Garage catalog and I was impressed with selection of products and they seemed to be for the enthusiats.

Any strong opinions out here on their stuff?

Thanks much
Old 05-30-2007, 08:31 AM
427SIXPACK
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 431 Likes on 258 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

ZAINO!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 08:46 AM
steve8
Race Director

Received 915 Likes on 451 Posts

Griots always seemed pricey to me. Another vote for Zaino here.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:45 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+ Great products, service second to none
(well maybe 2nd to Zaino)

- A re-seller (like so many car care vendors) so you can often find 'his' products less expensive elsewhere Product range is vg but expensive as is his S&H
Old 05-30-2007, 10:19 AM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

If you are interested in Adam's products, check out Chemical Guys. A lot of the products appear to be virtually the same but they are a little cheaper.

Last edited by JVM225; 05-30-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:44 AM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

I use Griots Polishes with my PC. Until I run out I'm not adding anyone elses. Zaino for final protection. Z5, AIO, Z8, CS etc.
I like most on this list have a lot of inventory of this and that, chasing after the next big thing. I tend to use it up on my relative's cars.
JU
Old 05-30-2007, 11:18 AM
EVIL_C5
Uber Waxer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 8-9-10-11 Veteran
CI 9, 10 & 11 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

Originally Posted by JVM225
If you are interested in Adam's products, check out Chemical Guys. A lot of the products appear to be virtually the same but they are a little cheaper.

while it may appear they are the same, trust me they are not.

Adam has his own private formulation for the entire line that you would not be able to get from anyone else.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:23 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So Adams is not made by Chemical Guys?
Old 05-30-2007, 12:43 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Hey guys, I think we danced to this tune in a previous thread
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...=chemical+guys

So let's just let it go before this thread gets locked.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:52 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bob88vette
New corvette owner, an '88 repainted in '96. Paint is well maintained and currently waxed up so I'm in no big hurry but doing my research on the Forum. Eventually will venture into the really detailing the finish. Seems Zaino and Adam's are the products that rise to the top in quality and results, or maybe just the most popular, which I think is important as well when that many use the product.

Recently I received a Griots Garage catalog and I was impressed with selection of products and they seemed to be for the enthusiats.

Any strong opinions out here on their stuff?

Thanks much
Bob,

I see that you don't live too far from me. If you ever are up this way and want to try Zaino, let me know. I have most all of the Zaino products that you might want to use and wouldn't mind spending a morning applying them to your car so you can see what it would look like before making a purchase.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:03 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrosa65
Bob,

I see that you don't live too far from me. If you ever are up this way and want to try Zaino, let me know. I have most all of the Zaino products that you might want to use and wouldn't mind spending a morning applying them to your car so you can see what it would look like before making a purchase.
Great offer Mike! It's folks like you that make this a great place.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:09 PM
EVIL_C5
Uber Waxer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 8-9-10-11 Veteran
CI 9, 10 & 11 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

Originally Posted by gmblack3
So Adams is not made by Chemical Guys?
while some items may be produced elsewhere, as I stated they are a private formulation that you cannot just buy off any website other than Adams.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:13 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by gmblack3
Great offer Mike! It's folks like you that make this a great place.
That's what it's all about. People helping people. Besides, if it weren't for guys like yourself, Zane, Todd and Frank (just to mention a few), I wouldn't have the skills that I have now. We all help each other in many ways.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Bill Baird
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

I've usually been very happy with Griot's Garage stuff. Their tools and accessories are a bit pricey, so I tend to go elsewhere for that stuff, other than I did get their random orbital, which I've liked.

I've used the following:

Paint Sealant - excellent. Nice shine, great durability.
Speed Shine - a great detailer. My second favorite (after One Grand's Show-Off).
Rubber Cleaner - very good
Vinyl & Rubber Dressing - damned expensive, but it's quite good. I use it on my weather stripping, and it protects it without leaving a greasy feel or look. I've used it on my tires as well, but haven't used it on anything else yet.
Interior Cleaner - seems decent. I've not made up my mind about this stuff yet. It seems to be strong, so I don't tend to use it for "light stuff".
Window Cleaner - good for cleaning up streaks, but only so-so at removing heavy dirt (bug guts, etc.)
Machine Polish 2 & 3 - decent. It did the job that I needed them to do. They are very mild.
Undercarriage Spray - this stuff is okay. I'll usually use this in my wheel wells before a show.
Paint Cleaning Clay - absolutely great stuff. I find this a whole lot easier to use than the Meguiar's clay.
Leather Care - I'm still in the evaluation phase with this stuff. Seems decent.

I do like their "Finest Sprayers" for their products.

Last edited by Bill Baird; 05-30-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:40 PM
steve8
Race Director

Received 915 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by mrosa65
Bob,

Very nice offer.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Bob88vette
Instructor

Thanks Mrosa, very nice offer indeed. Sounds like a ride up the back roads from Tampa to NPR is in order. Will look you up in a couple weekends and maybe we can coordinate schedule. Thanks again for making this a great family.

And thanks to all who posted, it was a good reading catalog but I will pay close attention to what I'm spending and try the Zaino first.

Bob
Old 05-30-2007, 03:36 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bob88vette
Thanks Mrosa, very nice offer indeed. Sounds like a ride up the back roads from Tampa to NPR is in order. Will look you up in a couple weekends and maybe we can coordinate schedule. Thanks again for making this a great family.

And thanks to all who posted, it was a good reading catalog but I will pay close attention to what I'm spending and try the Zaino first.

Bob
Just let me know when you're going to come up this way and we'll get that car taken care of.

Get notified of new replies

To Griots Garage

Quick Reply: Griots Garage