Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Has Anyone Ever Met Sal Zaino In Person?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 12:46 PM
wmjosjr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Doug,
What's with all does question marks? use them when your asking a question. Stick to what you think you do best. (tuning) And when you need body work, don't forget to use Tommy Zaino. Then you will thank me. Blood is not thicker then water when you screw your own family! And in this case it was Sal on the receiving end. Don't go into business with family. you don't know the story.

Last edited by wmjosjr; 11-18-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Originally Posted by wmjosjr
Crusher and company pay attention, this is about Sal's dirt bag brother Tommy Zaino, not Sal Zaino Got it? I"m not an Internet tough guy, nor desperate, and get the number of years right. It was 1 year ago, as of Jan. 2012. And you made the same Quote back then. I guest your pretty limited in your quotes. and as far as two sides too every story,by the way did you coin that phase? I don't see him defending himself. you must be an ***hole buddy of his.
PS I'm glad to see you are following my posts.
End of my communication on this subject with you (for Now)
Guess you told me....
Old 11-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by dvilin
Kudos to Sal the best Kool Aid Salesman....
You can't possibly believe that Sal could somehow convince thousands of Zaino users that his product works when it really doesn't. Do you realize how many people you are insulting? Many of which have a ton of experience in detailing and have used dozens of products over the years.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:27 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by wmjosjr
Hey Doug,
What's with all does question marks? use them when your asking a question. Stick to what you think you do best. (tuning) And when you need body work, don't forget to use Tommy Zaino. Then you will thank me. Blood is not thicker then water when you screw your own family! And in this case it was Sal on the receiving end. Don't go into business with family. you don't know the story.

"What's with all does question marks?"

OK then.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:08 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Originally Posted by Crusher
You can't possibly believe that Sal could somehow convince thousands of Zaino users that his product works when it really doesn't. Do you realize how many people you are insulting? Many of which have a ton of experience in detailing and have used dozens of products over the years.
Never said it did not work, just said it is all about the money and making people think it is magic. He does this with all the combinations, the mixing this with that, layering and blah blah. Plenty of products with the same or better results at half the cost.
But Zaino users are convinced they spent $100.00 for a kit that is the ultimate.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Makoshark67
Advanced

Yes. He had a place in Bklyn. I had a 73 that had the most incredible candy apple cranberry paint with real wire wheels before anyone knew where to get them or made them. They were WAY beyond Appliance or what most are familar with. I think he said the were chromed Borainis.
In addition to his kick *** wax/polish system (for cars or guitars that see 'on the road' use, NOT pianos that have maybe the BEST finishes PERIOD - you may want to see my M & H AA if you'd care to take up that challenge, but I'll tell ya, price of admission will be like running for pinks, and I think enough of the NY guys have seen the paint on my cars, which are second to none (when their done, you see I really DO drive my cars, so ya ain't gonna be perfect after the first roll out of the booth into the "real" world - the first nick IS the deepest) and the Black laquer on my 'Ax' is more then miles deep w/o ANY ripples.
Back To Zaino, he is a chemist, he is a paint guy, and is a legend, but most of all he KNOWS what and how to make a product that is second to none. NOTE - You will NEED to know the process and proper application for the finishes that has made his family's polish second to none.
He is a George Barris type of guy, and terrific all the way.A TOTAL GENTLEMAN.

Last edited by Makoshark67; 11-18-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: spelling & addendum
Old 11-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by dvilin
Never said it did not work, just said it is all about the money and making people think it is magic. He does this with all the combinations, the mixing this with that, layering and blah blah. Plenty of products with the same or better results at half the cost.
But Zaino users are convinced they spent $100.00 for a kit that is the ultimate.
Sounds to me like you are suffering from a large amount of Jealousy
Old 11-18-2013, 09:06 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Originally Posted by Crusher
Sounds to me like you are suffering from a large amount of Jealousy
Yea, that's it.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:02 PM
mikeinaustin
4th Gear

pic of sal zaino in 2013? here is one, click on it:

http://eb.gmnews.com/news/2013-05-02...Photo_001.html
Old 09-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Abe Froman
1st Gear

I actually know Sal and his brother Tommy. Both DO exist. And yes, I've seen them in the same room. (Hee, here).

My family grew up with them in Brooklyn. Our family's are still close.

And yes, Sal has a nice collection of cars.

Now I think I've said too much... I'm going into witness protection.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:30 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

New Vette and this is what ONE coat of Z2-Pro looks like

I had a question about the 3 year old Z-8 I bought and NEVER used and if I could still use it, received an e-mail from Sal the next day.

I just used it for the first time on my new LRG Stingray and words or photos can't possibly capture what my eyes can see. It's frigging spectacular.

I bought and tried some Blackfire products on the wife's Cyber Gray 2013 Volt and wasn't impressed, I sold it a few days ago here on the CF.

ZAINO rocks, and Sal is Da Man. If he really exists.

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Ever Met Sal Zaino In Person?