Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Autoglym Super Resin Polish..........WOW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 03:22 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,831 Likes on 659 Posts

Default Autoglym Super Resin Polish..........WOW!!!!

I know Zaino gets the majority of attention in this section of the forum and there's nothing wrong with that, but after reading on another car care forum about how good Autoglym was I decided to give it a shot. Besides, I figured that any product used by the Queen's Royal Fleet and the Rolls Royce factory can't be half bad. All I can say is that I have never been more impressed with a polish that can be applied by hand in my life. This stuff is like Helen Keller as it really is "The Miracle Worker". I did my Torch Red C5 yesterday and topped it off with Pinnacle Souveran carnuba(the paste, not the liquid) and it is by far the best my car has ever looked. I decided to start on my black Lexus today which I knew would be a pain as it has a lot of minor swirls and this stuff instantly made the finish look like new. It's even more effective if you do a couple of passes on it which obviously can be labor intensive and time consuming, but the results are well worth the effort. Bottom line: for $10 a bottle this stuff should be in everyone's car care kit IMHO.

http://www.properautocare.com/autsuprespol.html
Old 10-06-2007, 03:43 PM
JoshVette
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

So does it fill in blemishes?? what chemicals are used to protect?? Does it contain oils? silicones? what is resin technically? the info on that website is too generic to really know about that product.

Remember just cause it says it will last 150-180 days doesn't mean it actually will. You have to know the circustances in which they tested it... Was it a garaged vehicle? what process did they use when washing in that time? did they ever reapply it? Beading doesn't neccassarily equal wax or protection, just less surface tension.

I'm not saying it's a bad product, just would like to see more data on it to make a more informed conclusion as good marketing is just that, good marketing.

Josh
Old 10-06-2007, 03:57 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea about all the particulars you just mentioned. All I know is that people over at the Autopia car care forum(http://autopia.org) were raving about this product and I figured for $10 I'd buy a bottle and give it a chance. The result is the best product I've used in nearly 20 years of testing waxes, polishes, sealants, etc. and I've used pretty much everything. I'll post pics sometime this weekend if I get a chance just to show the results. Like I said before, I'm simply amazed by the results I achieved with this product especially on a black car.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:42 PM
mdb917
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Whatever gets results you are proud of is what you should use! Period.

Enjoy the shine.....
Old 10-06-2007, 05:10 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
To be perfectly honest, I have no idea about all the particulars you just mentioned. All I know is that people over at the Autopia car care forum(http://autopia.org) were raving about this product and I figured for $10 I'd buy a bottle and give it a chance. The result is the best product I've used in nearly 20 years of testing waxes, polishes, sealants, etc. and I've used pretty much everything. I'll post pics sometime this weekend if I get a chance just to show the results. Like I said before, I'm simply amazed by the results I achieved with this product especially on a black car.
I'm not knocking the product but just making an observation from your post.

If it's the best product you've used in 20 years, then why was there a need to top it with Pinnacle Souveran ? I have Souveran and I really like the look, I'm just wondering how good the Autoglym would look with out it ?
Old 10-06-2007, 05:24 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mrosa65
I'm not knocking the product but just making an observation from your post.

If it's the best product you've used in 20 years, then why was there a need to top it with Pinnacle Souveran ? I have Souveran and I really like the look, I'm just wondering how good the Autoglym would look with out it ?

The process that was recommended to me by the people over at Autopia was to top off the Autoglym polish with a sealant or wax so I chose to use the Souveran on top of it. Don't know if that step is really necessary or not, but all I can say is that it looks AMAZING.

Last edited by BMadden; 10-06-2007 at 06:06 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Autoglym Super Resin Polish..........WOW!!!!

Quick Reply: Autoglym Super Resin Polish..........WOW!!!!