Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Ibiz Car wax review

Old 02-06-2008, 05:20 PM
edv2122
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ibiz Car wax review

Ok, so I went to the car show the other day and while there a couple of guys where doing their Ibiz car wax demonstration. I got roped in after seeing how easy the stuff was to use plus the price seemed resonable for the "car show promotion set". I have been using Rejex and like it mainly for the ease of use and the it lasts between applications. I have a black 06 coupe and with black being the only color for me I need something easy to keep up with keeping the car glossy.

So I gave it a try today using the Waterless car wash and wax and the car wax (seperate products) and I have to say I am really impressed. The ease of use was even easier then that of Rejex because you don't have to wait for it to dry just wipe on and off. Actually it worked better by not allowing the wax to dry on the car. I only needed to use very little for eash panel which is great cause I have two big bottles which should last a long time. It got rid of my swirl marks and bug grime and left a nice glossy finish. I will post pics when I get my digi cam back, the old lady went on a day trip and took it so the only pics I can take now are with my phone and that will not do the job justice. I can't comment on how long the shine will last this is my first application but it was advertised as lasting for 6 months or 500 washes.

For those who are not in love with their wax and looking for a really easy application I would say give it a try, the stuff really works. A heads up, the kit I received had a sheet with directions and they were different then what was on the back of the bottle. I followed the directions and all I can say is wow.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:23 PM
rws.1
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

I came across it about 4 years ago at a car show in Indianapolis...
It looks great on cars, but I don't care for the copious amount of yellow wax residue left behind.
I gave away the balance of the bottle.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:54 PM
edv2122
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rws.1
I came across it about 4 years ago at a car show in Indianapolis...
It looks great on cars, but I don't care for the copious amount of yellow wax residue left behind.
I gave away the balance of the bottle.
Thats odd I really didn't notice any yellow or any residue for that matter. I can see maybe if I followed what was on the back of the bottle which states to use moderate amounts but in the direction sheet that came with the kit it stated to use pretty much 2 to 3 dime size dabs of the wax per panel which i did and it went on and off very easy with no residue.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:01 PM
RedZR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ibiz Car wax review

I used it a few years ago and it seemeed to really attract dust...nmuch moreso than other polishes I have used. I currently use zanio and am very happy with it.

Just my .02

Dan
Old 02-07-2008, 08:54 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,540 Likes on 2,156 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I tried the IBIZ wax about 10 years ago and liked it at the time. There are many products out now that are far superior to it for shine, durability and ease of use in my opinion. Zaino is at the top of my list.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Not a product that that gets much respect on this or other detail forums.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:19 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Crusher

[sarcasm] But it is endorsed by the (NCOA National Corvette Owners Association), Rolls Royce and every other organization they could think of.[/sarcasm]

I was just watching his dog and pony show today at the Phila Auto Show.

On a side note, I #$%^ing LOVED the new Zr-1. Now, where can I get $100,000 from.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:54 PM
BigJag
Pro

I'm going to assume you got this at the Philadelphia auto show based on your avatar saying your from NJ. I bought IBIZ there a few years back and must say I really don't care for it. There is another vender thats there every year called Perma Seal. He is also doing demo's. The name isn't fancy but I have tried almost everything and nothing is as good as Perma Seal in my opinion. IBIZ, Rejex, Meguairs and a few others. I should note I have never tried Zaino though.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Crusher
I can see where your coming from on this....do you still work for Zanio product???

Get notified of new replies

To Ibiz Car wax review

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ibiz Car wax review