Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Shameless Rejex Plug Loving it!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Shameless Rejex Plug Loving it!

My 1st time using Rejex today and was totally blown away! I have never seen a shine so severe than with this productAnybody on the fence about using Rejex I can assure you you will not be disappointed.It was a prefect day for detailing mid 70's went on easy came off easy.Applied it on the paint,wheels,windows and clear bra. Used dawn and used Adams nonabrasive polish to prep the service. It's in the garage curing for 12 hours. I'm going to put on a 2nd coat on Saturday and take some pictures and will post here. It really makes VY POP!!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:45 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Not surprised you like Rejex, most forum members who use it or Zaino are pretty passionate about the product and results. You have to go with what works best for you.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

I'm still excited about this any Rejex fans out there? Feel the same way after the 1st time you used it? Opinions, Thoughts, ?
Old 06-22-2009, 11:11 PM
painexpert
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Torched
I'm still excited about this any Rejex fans out there? Feel the same way after the 1st time you used it? Opinions, Thoughts, ?
Rejex is the best,easiest,longest lasting "single" product I have ever used.Wash,clay bar,Rejex.No wax(not needed).Rejex Rules !!!!!! IMHO.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:37 AM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by painexpert
Rejex is the best,easiest,longest lasting "single" product I have ever used.Wash,clay bar,Rejex.No wax(not needed).Rejex Rules !!!!!! IMHO.
Amen Brutha! I'm Greg and I'm now a Rejex junkie.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:56 AM
shmoky
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My 1st time using Rejex today and was totally blown away! I have never seen a shine so severe than with this productAnybody on the fence about using Rejex I can assure you you will not be disappointed.It was a prefect day for detailing mid 70's went on easy came off easy.Applied it on the paint,wheels,windows and clear bra. Used dawn and used Adams nonabrasive polish to prep the service. It's in the garage curing for 12 hours. I'm going to put on a 2nd coat on Saturday and take some pictures and will post here. It really makes VY POP!!!!:thumbs:
I have a Safari Yellow car. Sounds like I might have to try this. What do you do after the final application and the car gets dirty? Wash and re-apply? I use a waterless (DP) car wash that does a good job and shines well. Can I continue to use this after the final (2nd) coat of rejex?

shmoky
Old 06-23-2009, 10:41 AM
dsdrury
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I feel the same way.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:02 AM
dsdrury
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by dsdrury
I feel the same way.
One more picture showing results of using RejeX.
Got caught in rain and snapped this just after I pulled into the garage.
Donn
Old 06-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by shmoky
I have a Safari Yellow car. Sounds like I might have to try this. What do you do after the final application and the car gets dirty? Wash and re-apply? I use a waterless (DP) car wash that does a good job and shines well. Can I continue to use this after the final (2nd) coat of rejex?

shmoky

I use Adams car wash only 2 capfuls in a bucket. I would use a gentle car wash that does not strip wax and contains no detergents and you will be fine.Remember this stuff is very durable and 2nd coat is optional but a 2nd coat will last longer and the shine will be more intense.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Donn
Thanks for the water picture amazing! How many coats of Rejex do you have on your car? Did you switch from wax and if so what products did you use to prep the surface for the very 1st application.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Alaskanpilot
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Rejex is indeed great stuff. IMO it's such a close competitor to Zaino that they're near interchangable. Last fall, I did half of my truck's hood with Rejex and the other with Zaino. Truck went all winter (Alaska winter, mind you) with just the one coat of each product. Now that 8 months have passed, the hood still outshines and outbeads the rest of the body and I cannot tell that different products were used on each half.

So in short... Rejex and Zaino are among two of my favorites. They both last forever, shine like mad and are easy on / easy off (though Rejex is more so). On the Vette, I tend to use Z on the paint and Rejex on the wheels. Then I top the Z with Souveran. Maybe next month I'll try Rejex on the paint and see how that goes! I can't believe I haven't done that yet.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:35 AM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Alaskanpilot
Rejex is indeed great stuff. IMO it's such a close competitor to Zaino that they're near interchangable. Last fall, I did half of my truck's hood with Rejex and the other with Zaino. Truck went all winter (Alaska winter, mind you) with just the one coat of each product. Now that 8 months have passed, the hood still outshines and outbeads the rest of the body and I cannot tell that different products were used on each half.

So in short... Rejex and Zaino are among two of my favorites. They both last forever, shine like mad and are easy on / easy off (though Rejex is more so). On the Vette, I tend to use Z on the paint and Rejex on the wheels. Then I top the Z with Souveran. Maybe next month I'll try Rejex on the paint and see how that goes! I can't believe I haven't done that yet.
Maybe it should be" I use Rejex on the paint,wheels and windows" Zaino who?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:10 AM
dan6712cc
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rejex is an excellent product, easy to apply and remove, no multiple products, and outlasts Zaino from my experience.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:08 PM
JimZRyd
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 38 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I posted a comment on another Rejex post...but does the paint get the same slik feel after a coat of Rejex like it does with wax?
Old 06-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jim02C5
I posted a comment on another Rejex post...but does the paint get the same slik feel after a coat of Rejex like it does with wax?
Answered your question in the other post.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:41 PM
JimZRyd
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 38 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Answered your question in the other post.
Thanks! Believe I will be trying this
Old 06-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Tenorplayer23
Instructor

Default Rejex Use!!

Greg,

Glad to see another Hot Yellow car owner post something about a good product. Seems that there are a few yellow cars on this single post.

Is yours Velocity or Millennium Yellow?

Also, not quite clear on how your application went. Did you strip the wax off the car (I see Dawn mentioned) and then use Rejex or did you wash (with a wax or sealant already on the car with Adams car wash), then apply the Rejex??

My Millennium Yellow C5 just got washed & waxed, so wanted to know if I buy some Rejex and want to apply.

Also, does anybody use Rejex on their clear plexiglass tops, too?? I see the wheels, windows,et.al. got it.

Car looks great ......all the Yellow ones do!!!!

Thx.

Bob

PS - how do you find the clear bra material? What's the brand that you have and do you have the full kit (front end, wheel areas, mirrors, etc.......??)

My 1st time using Rejex today and was totally blown away! I have never seen a shine so severe than with this productAnybody on the fence about using Rejex I can assure you you will not be disappointed.It was a prefect day for detailing mid 70's went on easy came off easy.Applied it on the paint,wheels,windows and clear bra. Used dawn and used Adams nonabrasive polish to prep the service. It's in the garage curing for 12 hours. I'm going to put on a 2nd coat on Saturday and take some pictures and will post here. It really makes VY POP!!!!

Last edited by Tenorplayer23; 06-26-2009 at 11:23 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Shameless Rejex Plug Loving it!

Old 06-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Tenorplayer23
Instructor

Default Rejex and Nice Car!!

Nice shine on your C5, too. Looks like my 2003........and the best color!! Go Millennium Yellow Thx. Bob

Donn
Old 06-27-2009, 03:10 AM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Tenorplayer23
Greg,

Glad to see another Hot Yellow car owner post something about a good product. Seems that there are a few yellow cars on this single post.

Is yours Velocity or Millennium Yellow?

Also, not quite clear on how your application went. Did you strip the wax off the car (I see Dawn mentioned) and then use Rejex or did you wash (with a wax or sealant already on the car with Adams car wash), then apply the Rejex??

My Millennium Yellow C5 just got washed & waxed, so wanted to know if I buy some Rejex and want to apply.

Also, does anybody use Rejex on their clear plexiglass tops, too?? I see the wheels, windows,et.al. got it.

Car looks great ......all the Yellow ones do!!!!

Thx.

Bob

PS - how do you find the clear bra material? What's the brand that you have and do you have the full kit (front end, wheel areas, mirrors, etc.......??)
Mine is VelocityThe wax was striped with Dawn then I used Adams non abrasive polish to remove any left over wax.If your car has been exposed to the elements for a while i would clay the car before the polish.Probably overkill but surface prep is the most import part of the 1st coat. Last step I applied Rejex.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Here she is after 2 coats of Rejex! All cured and ready to roll I can't get enough of this stuff Enjoy.

Quick Reply: Shameless Rejex Plug Loving it!