Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

C3 Blue Seat Belts

Old 10-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Nomar116
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C3 Blue Seat Belts

My new C3 has some dingy seat belts. They are original.. but the lap belts especially are badly stained. Any suggestions?

I'll try to grab some pics to show off before and after. I have a good feeling that with the right prep work these belts can looks awesome again.

Paul
Old 10-27-2009, 01:30 AM
arkus
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a company that's been around forever called
ssnake-oyl . They restore seatbelts
they must be good because they have been around so long .
Well so long and post how you like them
Old 10-27-2009, 06:45 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seat Belts

• For spot stains use a fabric cleaner 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover™
• Pull the belts from the retractor and gently close the door on the belt, clean and allow to air dry before opening the door and retracting the belt. Do not use bleach, strong detergents, or dye on the seat belts as this may severely weaken them and render them ineffective in a crash.
• Once fabric is dry apply a fabric protection (303TM High Tech Fabric Guard)
• While you are cleaning the belts, take the opportunity to closely inspect them for damage and security of attachment, ensure here are no cuts, tears or abrasions (you should always inspect for damage etc if they get caught by a closing door)After a while the seat belt mechanism becomes slow and / or will not retract when released.
• This can be avoided by cleaning the upper anchor; as the seatbelt retracts it leaves behind a film of dirt, which builds up over time. Use compressed air to remove dust and then using a Q- tip and some Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) you can clean the seat belt anchor / retracting mechanism. Once clean add some Plexus Plastic Cleaner to provide lubrication.
• Maintenance clean seat belts with 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover™ / distilled water solution

An extract from “Automotive Detailing, Inside & Out”, a knowledge base for the perfectionist © TOGWT ™ Ltd Copyright 2002-2009, all rights reserved
Old 10-27-2009, 08:18 AM
stevekk
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good info. Is that a book? must be. gotta check it out..Thanks.

I see this is an ebook. How much does it cost for access?

Last edited by stevekk; 10-27-2009 at 08:23 AM. Reason: for the heck of it..

Get notified of new replies

To C3 Blue Seat Belts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C3 Blue Seat Belts