Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Mother's SynWax

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Default Mother's SynWax

How many people on here are using Mother's SynWax? What do you think of it? I've been using NXT 2.0 since it came out, and my bottle is almost empty so I thought I'd give another sealant a try this time around and this one is readily available here (at under half the price of NXT 2.0 too!)

How easy is this stuff to remove? (especially if you put it on a bit thicker, as I really hate having to try and do super thin coats) Does it cover swirl marks and minor scratches well? (NXT 2.0 does!) How durable is it? (will it last 2 or 3 months worth of winter driving for example?)
Old 03-09-2010, 10:19 AM
James92
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used it after NXT and I felt it was about the same. My most recent purchase and application was Turtle Wax ICE and I've gotta say it leaves an incredible gloss on my black.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:55 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I like Mothers Reflection Line a bit better personally, but all their products are good and should often be brought up. (couldnt live without a PowerBall) I have seen a bit longer durability but everyones environment could be different.

I would note that more is not better, nor does more equate to better or longer protection. Infact its likely just wasted product and harder to remove. One thin coat provides limited protection, and second coat is often suggested more for complete coverage (ie. missing a spot or two).

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 03-09-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Patman
Race Director

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek

I would note that more is not better, nor does more equate to better or longer protection. Infact its likely just wasted product and harder to remove. One thin coat provides limited protection, and second coat is often suggested more for complete coverage (ie. missing a spot or two).
I agree, I just find sometimes it's very difficult to put down super thin coats and I'd just rather put it on a little bit thicker (especially in the winter time when I'm doing it in my dimly lit garage, it is very hard to do super thin coats under these conditions)
Old 03-10-2010, 05:25 PM
macs65
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Syn-wax

I bought a can of paste to try on my 07 truck. I have to say it applies easily and came off with no problems, left a nice smooth finish and a great shine. When I applied the 2 nd coat it was about 75 down here in south Fla.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Patman
Race Director

I finally got around to trying this stuff out and I like it a lot! I find it gives my black paint a real nice "wet look" to it and also does a great job of hiding minor imperfections in the paint (which is good since I haven't gotten around to doing some paint correction for almost a year, so this will tide me over nicely until I do that) It's very easy to remove and leaves behind no dust (although it does leave some oily residue, just like NXT and NXT 2.0 does, but I feel that oiliness is what helps hide the imperfections and also helps give it that real nice wet look)

In terms of the best shine on my black paint, scratch hiding ability and ease of removal, I rank it equal to NXT 2.0 but it's priced a lot less.

To give you an idea of what I'm comparing this to, these are all of the products I've tried on my Corvette:

Meguiar's #20, 21 and 26
Meguiar's Gold Glass, NXT and NXT 2.0
Zaino Z2 (original formula) and Z5Pro
Eagle One Nanowax

So for me to say this stuff is right at the top of my list says quite a lot.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:18 PM
important
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
I finally got around to trying this stuff out and I like it a lot! I find it gives my black paint a real nice "wet look" to it and also does a great job of hiding minor imperfections in the paint (which is good since I haven't gotten around to doing some paint correction for almost a year, so this will tide me over nicely until I do that) It's very easy to remove and leaves behind no dust (although it does leave some oily residue, just like NXT and NXT 2.0 does, but I feel that oiliness is what helps hide the imperfections and also helps give it that real nice wet look)

In terms of the best shine on my black paint, scratch hiding ability and ease of removal, I rank it equal to NXT 2.0 but it's priced a lot less.

To give you an idea of what I'm comparing this to, these are all of the products I've tried on my Corvette:

Meguiar's #20, 21 and 26
Meguiar's Gold Glass, NXT and NXT 2.0
Zaino Z2 (original formula) and Z5Pro
Eagle One Nanowax

So for me to say this stuff is right at the top of my list says quite a lot.
Patman, try Turtle Wax's Black Box specifically for black cars. Its a 2 step process but by the time youre done, forget about it. This stuff will remind you what BLACK is SUPPOSED to look like.

Get notified of new replies

To Mother's SynWax

Quick Reply: Mother's SynWax