Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Looks like SIMPLE GREEN products are good to use for auto cooling systems

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 12:42 PM
TheycallmeDave
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks like SIMPLE GREEN products are good to use for auto cooling systems

Just wanted to share an email i got directly from Simple Green regarding using their Simple Green H.D. Pro cleaner and Lime/Scale cleaner in aluminum auto cooling systems , herewith . I plan on trying each out very soon . Has anyone used them yet for this application ????
________________________________________ ________________
Dear Mr. Brown:

Thank you for your inquiry. Hopefully your cooling system does not look like the one in the attached Ford Technical Bulletin, in which Simple Green Heavy Duty is recommended for flushing the cooling systems of their diesel vehicles that were having a problem (!!) I send you this document just so that you can see that Simple Green has been safely and effectively used to flush automotive cooling systems. You certainly don’t have to follow the instructions given here.

We confirmed with a couple of Ford dealers that Simple Green Pro HD (HD stands for Heavy Duty (not Home Depot) – and it is available at Home Depot stores) has been used for this application. It will clean any dirt and coolant out of the cooling system – but will not descale it. If your cooling system needs to be descaled, you can use the Simple Green Lime Scale Remover instead of the Pro HD – it is safe for contact with aluminum.

The Simple Green Pro HD can be mixed with 5 to 10 parts water (i.e., 21 ounces HD to 107 ounces water to make 1-gallon at 1:5 – or 13 ounces HD to 115 ounces water to make 1-gallon at 1:10,) depending on how dirty your cooling system is. You don’t have to be super-precise in making the dilution. Mixing it with warm or hot (but safe to the touch) water will speed cleaning. Just be sure that after running this through your system for about 15-30 minutes, you flush the system really well with plain water – to the point where you see absolutely no suds or foam at all from the fluid running out of your cooling system. Have the fluid enter a sanitary sewer drain or onto a gravel or dirt area – not into a storm drain (which is against the law.)

The Simple Green Lime Scale Remover can also be diluted for descaling a cooling system – you may need to circulate it through the system for a little while longer to get good descaling results. You can mix Lime Scale Remover at a 50/50 dilution with water and circulate for about ฝ an hour, and then flush really well with water. (Again, flush until no suds or foam can be detected, and have rinse flow into sanitary sewer drain or on dirt or gravel.)

With both of these products, if the runoff flows onto a grassy area, water it in really well (diluting it further) with your garden hose to avoid any damage to grass & plants.

Here’s what the products look like:

I’m not aware of any retailers that carry our Lime Scale Remover in larger sizes. Gallons and larger are mainly sold through our Industrial Distributors, such as Grainger & Fastenal.

I hope this helps.

Thanks again for contacting us and for choosing Simple Green products when seeking solutions to your cleaning needs.

Sincerely,

Carol E. Chapin

Vice President, Research & Development

Sunshine Makers, Inc. / SIMPLE GREEN

(800) 228-0709 Ext. 6006 Email: cchapin@simplegreen.com
Old 05-18-2010, 09:45 PM
tlc0706
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Interesting....So the SG Lime Scale Remover probably could be used to clean aluminum car parts...

Last edited by tlc0706; 05-18-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:04 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

Good information, thanks for posting.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:46 AM
TheycallmeDave
Pro

Originally Posted by tlc0706
Interesting....So the SG Lime Scale Remover probably could be used to clean aluminum car parts...
Yes, I would think so.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:51 AM
ourchelly
2nd Gear

You are right green products are very affordable and cheap also your can see here for green products http://ourgreendirectory.com/

Get notified of new replies

To Looks like SIMPLE GREEN products are good to use for auto cooling systems

Quick Reply: Looks like SIMPLE GREEN products are good to use for auto cooling systems