Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Liquid Glass

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:33 AM
FloridaGrandSport
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Liquid Glass

Years ago on one of my 1st Vettes I used Liquid Glass. I remember it lasted forever once you applied several coats. I'm thinking about trying it again, as I hear it has been re-formulated and they now offer a detail spray as well. Anyone tried this? I'm happy with C-Magic but always looking for something new, especially for my black Silverado SS. Can't seem to find the right stuff to bring out the black and cover some scratches in the clearcoat.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Roughrider
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I've never used Liquid Glass myself but I've known guys who have sworn by it for decades.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:27 PM
0TH0001@properautocare.com
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FloridaGrandSport
Years ago on one of my 1st Vettes I used Liquid Glass. I remember it lasted forever once you applied several coats. I'm thinking about trying it again, as I hear it has been re-formulated and they now offer a detail spray as well. Anyone tried this? I'm happy with C-Magic but always looking for something new, especially for my black Silverado SS. Can't seem to find the right stuff to bring out the black and cover some scratches in the clearcoat.

While there are some waxes that offer varying degrees of 'filling' ability (the ability to cover scratches, swirls, and various types of paint defects) the true way to remove them is by machine polishing the paint.

Removing Paint Defects

A lot of times it is easy to spend a lot of money and get very frustrated trying to make black cars look their best searching for the ultimate wax. Like running water over the paint (which makes it dark and shiney) waxes and sealants can use oils or solids (kalion clay) to create the illusion of perfect paint, but it is often short lived and leads to more frustration.

How to machine polish swirl marks out of your Corvette

Once the paint is polished to a great shine, we offer numerous waxes and sealants will act like icing on the cake in depths of creating a great depth of shine.

Now that my earful is out of the way....

If you are looking for a wax that will make scratched and dulled paint shine nicely, consider something like Meguiar's NXT or the professional version, Meguiar's M21 2.0. Both of the products will 'fill' in a lot of surface defects and create a nice shine.

If you would like to step up to a two step system (a hand glaze to help fill in the defects and lightly polish the paint to more brilliant shine) followed by a long lasting sealant consider Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish topped with well regarded Blackfire Wet Diamond All Paint Protection.

The benefits of using a two step system is that the Gloss Enhancing Polish will prep the paint for the sealant (and improve the appearance) ensuring that the sealant will last a very long time.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:42 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

http://www.autogeek.net/liquidglass.html

Liquid Glass does indeed have an entire line of products available, and recently introduced their newest formula called Reflections. (careful to look at price tag). The Detail Spray is nice to add a bit of gloss over most sealants but I did personally note some streaking in direct sunlight while testing. I would suggest using is sparingly for best results.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:26 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek

Liquid Glass does indeed have an entire line of products available, and recently introduced their newest formula called Reflections. (careful to look at price tag). The Detail Spray is nice to add a bit of gloss over most sealants but I did personally note some streaking in direct sunlight while testing. I would suggest using is sparingly for best results.
Have you tried their Reflections yet? Let me know if it last forever and actually resist nicks.

Even if it lasted a year and did not resist nicks it mayy be worth the money but I suspect it won't do either, and I am not talking on a garage queen.

On a side note, I used to sell Liquid Glass before it was available via retail outlets and back then it was the best thing on the market. Technology has marched on since those days. I suppose Zaino is today's equivalent.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:54 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Our shops applied a lot of LG in the 80's because it did offer durability when nothing else did back then, it was never the same after the re-formulation was done. There are many products today that offer even better durability, and easier to work with.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:46 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by hcvone
Our shops applied a lot of LG in the 80's because it did offer durability when nothing else did back then, it was never the same after the re-formulation was done. There are many products today that offer even better durability, and easier to work with.
I agree, it was great when it was white. Once the reformulated it and made it blue the quality was gone.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by agentf1
Have you tried their Reflections yet? Let me know if it last forever and actually resist nicks.
I have not tested it, but here Matt will do a review soon. Rumors are big horsepower increases and increased aerodynamics too
Old 06-09-2010, 08:42 PM
WPaul
Heel & Toe

Anyone tried Liquid Glass Legend ?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

I use the exact same product but in a different can. It is called Finish First. The two partners broke up and one kept the name Liquid Glass and the other called it Finish First.

This is absolutely the best wax/polish I have ever tried. I have used all of the Zaino combinations, all Klasse products, Meaguirs, etc. Nothing looks as good, nothing lasts as long in the Phoenix heat and nothing is as easy to use.

No, I am not afliliated in anyway with the company nor do I know anyone who is. I just love the stuff and continually go back to it after trying "the latest, greatest thing."

BTW....I put Finish First on my NSX, C6's, Hummer and wife's Expedition. Nothing looks better!

Originally Posted by WPaul
Anyone tried Liquid Glass Legend ?
Old 06-10-2010, 09:09 AM
FloridaGrandSport
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rob4092xx
I use the exact same product but in a different can. It is called Finish First.
I did not know that. I may give it a try.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:24 AM
cottoneg
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 120 Posts

I have not tested it, but here Matt will do a review soon. Rumors are big horsepower increases and increased aerodynamics too
Cute...
Old 06-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

I have tried everything and I like Liquid Glass, I still use it today.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:48 AM
ezrizer
Instructor

Default Liquid Glass

I have used it for years and am very happy with it. I think it's the best stuff you can get over the counter which is one of the reasons I really like it. I haven't tried Zaino and some of the other products that everyone raves about, those products would have to be pretty darn good to beat LG.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:30 AM
John1990
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ezrizer
I have used it for years and am very happy with it. I think it's the best stuff you can get over the counter which is one of the reasons I really like it. I haven't tried Zaino and some of the other products that everyone raves about, those products would have to be pretty darn good to beat LG.

+1. ....couldn't have said it better myself; but let me give it a try. What the hell, here goes.......

Old 07-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

I have used it and like it, I found it is easy to work with, My can is almost gone so I will be looking for some more.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:47 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
I have used it and like it, I found it is easy to work with, My can is almost gone so I will be looking for some more.
http://www.autogeek.net/liquid-glass-legend.html

are you ready to try their newest release ???

Get notified of new replies

To Liquid Glass

Old 07-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

http://www.autogeek.net/liquid-glass-legend.html

are you ready to try their newest release ???
Not quite ready yet...lol
Here is a 1950s can of Liquid Glass.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:03 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

thats really cool. Mike has several old Megs canisters and bottles and I often find some older products on Ebay. Amazing just how much things changed ...
Old 07-11-2010, 08:26 PM
derv3tt3
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

My can of Finish First is almost empty and I really like it.

Quick Reply: Liquid Glass