Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Dr. ColorChip Paint Chip Repair Systems at Autogeek

Old 08-27-2010, 08:58 AM
0jason@autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dr. ColorChip Paint Chip Repair Systems at Autogeek

Fast, simple, professional paint chip repairs!

Repair paint chips, most scratches, and road rash professionally with Dr. ColorChip Paint Chip Repair Systems. Dr. ColorChip's incredible repair process results in smooth, perfectly matched paint with no paint blobs!

Dr. ColorChip Road Rash Paint Chip Repair Kit at Autogeek
Old 08-27-2010, 05:04 PM
walker3
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

Anyone used this? does it work as good as it says? How much paint do you get? What is the shelf life (how long will it last)?
Old 08-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Zer0vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by walker3
Anyone used this? does it work as good as it says? How much paint do you get? What is the shelf life (how long will it last)?
i just used the kit yesterday on my black c5 and it worked great. I had a few deep deep scratches on my drivers door caused by a spare wheel falling over and hitting the door. You can only notice it now if you get right up there and really inspect it, and my wife had to really search to find the spots.

In my case it didn't fill the scratch but it did hide them very well. The body shop quoted me $700 for the repair, so i'm happy with the value here.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:45 PM
rdline
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good stuff
Old 08-30-2010, 02:37 PM
0meghan@autogeek.net
Former Vendor

We have a few kits coming in so we will be trying it out and showing your our work.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Fuego
Burning Brakes

Just got my first chip after 3 years. Can't wait to see the results. I'm in if it's good.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:42 PM
68sixspeed
Melting Slicks

Received 154 Likes on 114 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

not a bad product for the money, it did a reasonable touchup on the rear brake duct front edge that gets sandblasted on my z06, standing next to the car you really don't see it anymore, get within a couple feet and then yes. But it worked well for what it is, well enough that I'm going to try it on the stone chips on my c5 this weekend.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Alaskanpilot
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Good to hear!

I tried one of their kits a few months ago after driving my new Z06 to Alaska from San Diego. I had a lot of road rash on the lower rockers, lower doors and rear quarter panels / brake duct scoops. Given that, I purchased the largest kit available (1 oz. paint and 4 oz. solution for $59).

It was actually enough to do ALL the affected areas; I still have about 1/4 of the paint left and 1/4 of the solvent left. Admittedly, I was using the product sparingly as I did not know how much it would cover. Over the winter I'm going to buy another kit and go over those areas again to help hide them even more.

I was pleased with how well the kit works. For the price, it's an excellent alternative to a repaint (my damage was estimated at $3600). It hid 90% of the rash on the rockers and lower doors; I really have to get on my hands and knees and look close to find the 1000's of minor chips I had. The quarter panels didn't recover quite so well, but those chips were larger. Even so, instead of being painfully obvious, they are camouflaged well enough that I only see them in certain light conditions, and they are visible from farther away.

If you buy this expecting your car to look like it was nicely repainted, you will be disappointed... it's not a miracle pill; BUT: it certainly got my car improved enough that I am no longer considering that repaint, and nobody sees those trouble areas anymore because they really blended out well. Its a bargain for the price, and I'm happy to hear that Autogeek carries this now!

Last edited by Alaskanpilot; 09-23-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:21 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

It works well with certain colors. I had a silver Forerunner in the shop and the paint was not even close. The owner bought a dealership bottle of touchup and it was much closer. Silver is tough one to touchup. had a Midnite Blue(non-metallic) Benz that I fixed some scratches and it did a decent job.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Greg F
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
It works well with certain colors. I had a silver Forerunner in the shop and the paint was not even close. The owner bought a dealership bottle of touchup and it was much closer. Silver is tough one to touchup. had a Midnite Blue(non-metallic) Benz that I fixed some scratches and it did a decent job.
didn't work on yellow either. Kept pulling out of the scratches. I dropped them a note, and they said don't smudge. Well at that point I might as well use dealer touch up paint and that with langka worked perfectly.

Get notified of new replies

To Dr. ColorChip Paint Chip Repair Systems at Autogeek

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dr. ColorChip Paint Chip Repair Systems at Autogeek