Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Difference between Meguiar's products?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 07:46 AM
BostonJoel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Difference between Meguiar's products?

Ran out of Meguiar's Gold car wash and Walmart had only their Crystal (purpley color) car wash. Anybody know the difference??
Thanks
Old 03-13-2011, 10:58 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Megs makes and has many different formulas. Often broke up into mass market lines, specialty lines, and professional line. Each formula is said to be made different and tweaked or modified over each other. For washes I have found NXT and Gold Glass to be really good washes found easily at consumer level. They clean well, dont strip, and lubricated. I believe a new version Wash and Wax(bright yellow) is forthcoming but havent tried it yet, they are amping up formulas with new versions for 2011.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:01 PM
easyrider13
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
For washes I have found NXT and Gold Glass to be really good washes .

I like Gold Class slightly better, but each does a fine job.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:41 PM
BostonJoel
Drifting

Thanks for the info.
I repurchased the Gold Class at a big box store today.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Stan MI
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by easyrider13

I like Gold Class slightly better, but each does a fine job.

My product of choice for a while.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:43 PM
0TH0001@properautocare.com
Former Vendor

Meguiar's is one of those cool companies that has many different products, but each is unique in it's application, formula, etc... There is some cross over between the professional and consumer lines... For example M135 Synthetic Detail Spray is the same as Ultimate Quick Detailer or Quik Interior Detailer (detailer's line) is the same as Ultimate Quick Interior Detailer (consumer line).

The differences between their consumer soaps are as follows.

The Purple Stuff (Deep Crystal) is their budget friendly consumer soap. It really doesn't excel in any one area and IME it tends to loose it suds quickly, but it does an adequate job of providing paint friendly lubricant and cleaning ability.

Gold Class is a favorite, although I have to admit I am not quite as smitten with the product as others. I find that if you dilute it too little (too much soap) that is can be difficult to rinse off. However it is very slick and very gentle on existing waxes/sealants. It also has a great smell. For a gentle soap you really cannot go wrong, just make sure to dilute it as directed.

NTX Soap is one of my favorite soaps of all time, regardless of price, marque, and availability. It is slightly on the strong side (some users of beauty waxes feel that it will degrade the wax slightly) but it is VERY slick and offers incredible cleaning power. The smell is a big plus for me as well.

Ultimate Wash and Wax is another winner from Meguiar's. To me the cleaning ability is between Gold Glass (gentle) and NXT (strong) but it leaves behind a pretty good (for a water-soluble) wax protection coating. The water will bead for about a week (even on trim/windows) after using this product and it will help protect the finish/existing wax coating. The packing and color is perfect as well.

Hope this helps.

Todd

Get notified of new replies

To Difference between Meguiar's products?

Quick Reply: Difference between Meguiar's products?