Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Quick & Easy Bug Removal w/Diamondite Bug Eraser

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
Default Quick & Easy Bug Removal w/Diamondite Bug Eraser

Love bug season is here already in Florida and if you guys are as particular about keeping your car clean as I am (and I have a feeling most of you are ), you're already aware that it's critical to get bugs off your paint as soon as possible before they cause any damage to the clear coat.

If you act quick and have Diamondite Bug Eraser handy, bringing out the hose, bucket, wash mitts, and drying towels are not necessary to get those pesky bugs off the front of your car. With Diamondite Bug Eraser, removing bugs is easier and more convenient than ever, all you need is some nice microfiber applicators and microfiber towels. Spray and wipe - it's that simple.

You can clearly see how nasty the bugs are splattered on there.

Diamondite Bug Eraser comes in a ready to use 32oz spray bottle. Simple spray, wait 30 seconds, and agitate with a microfiber applicator.

Once the paint is clean and free of any bugs, spray on the Diamondite Crystal Gloss Surface Protectant to enhance the gloss and add a protective polymer coating that will also aid in future cleaning.

Gently wipe the surface using a clean, dry microfiber towel.

Now the paint is clean and protected. Diamondite Bug Eraser is a quick, safe, effective means of removing stubborn bugs before they cause any harm to your vehicle's delicate finish.

Bug damage avoided and it was really easy!

Now I need to get some Dr. ColorChip for those chips... :xyxthumbs:
Old 05-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

St. Jude Donor '12

If you need something with a little more "bite" to remove the bugs and tar, check out the Diamondite Bug Eraser Combo. This combo includes the Diamondite Bug Eraser, Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad and a Cobra microfiber towel. Spray, lightly scrub, and wipe away the bugs!

Old 05-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

St. Jude Donor '12

After a week of bugs accumulating on my car, I couldn't take it any longer so I grabbed my bottle of Diamondite Bug Eraser and less than 2 minutes later, they were gone. After a quick follow up with the Diamondite Crystal Gloss Surface Protectant, the front of my car was looking new again.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

St. Jude Donor '12

After 5 days of bugs splattering all over the front end and windshield on my car, I came to work a couple minutes early today to clean it up.

After removing the bugs with the Diamondite Bug Eraser and Safe Scrub Bug Sponge, I quickly went over the areas treated with DP Waterless Wash in a Kwazar Spray Bottle. I did this to remove any loose debris and to also ensure a clean surface prior to applying the Optimum Car Wax.

I thoroughly sprayed the front of the car with the Bug Eraser and let it sit for about a minute before scrubbing with the Bug Sponge.

If there is one thing that I cannot stand, it's dirty windows in my car. While the Bug Eraser was doing its thing on the front of my car, I went ahead and cleaned the glass with Diamondite Perfect Vision Glass Cleaner. This is my go to glass cleaner because it contains no ammonia, is safe on tinted windows, and has strong cleaning ability to cut through some of the toughest films with just one pass, all while leaving a streak free finish.

About 10 minutes later, the car is clean and protected.

Now that's perfect vision.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:28 PM
diablojota
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! You guys need to stop posting stuff like this. I feel my wallet getting thinner by the week. Haha!
Old 05-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by diablojota
Nice! You guys need to stop posting stuff like this. I feel my wallet getting thinner by the week. Haha!
Don't forget to use coupon code corvetteforum to save 10% on your next order.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:59 PM
bbster
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

I purchased some last week and I really like the ease of bug removal.

Now I need some glass cleaner
Old 05-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by bbster
I purchased some last week and I really like the ease of bug removal.

Now I need some glass cleaner

Diamondite Perfect Vision Glass Cleaner - I'm certain you will never use any other glass cleaner again.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:29 AM
mvcrash
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you open today? I need to stop by and pick up some of the bug remover for my trip home. I remember when folks had the screen on the front of the cars to catch the bugs and keep them off the front of the car.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by mvcrash
Are you open today? I need to stop by and pick up some of the bug remover for my trip home. I remember when folks had the screen on the front of the cars to catch the bugs and keep them off the front of the car.
We sure are! You can either place your order online and place a note in the comments box saying you are going to pick the order up, or you can give us a call and we can take that order for you and have it ready within a couple hours.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:25 AM
BevoZ06
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '11-'12
Default Week-old Bugs Baked On To White Paint

Nick,

One of my sons bought a brand new Mazda with white paint. He left immediately on a round trip to Arizona. All of the front surfaces are covered with bugs.

The biggest problem is that he has been home a week and still hasn't attempted to clean them off. So, considering that he had over 1000+ miles of desert driving plus 90* heat, what would be a good over-the-counter bug remover? I convinced him last night that he needs to get to work immediately and not to leave them on there any longer. Regrettably, he does not have time to order from you and wait for arrival of one of your products.

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by BevoZ06
Nick,

One of my sons bought a brand new Mazda with white paint. He left immediately on a round trip to Arizona. All of the front surfaces are covered with bugs.

The biggest problem is that he has been home a week and still hasn't attempted to clean them off. So, considering that he had over 1000+ miles of desert driving plus 90* heat, what would be a good over-the-counter bug remover? I convinced him last night that he needs to get to work immediately and not to leave them on there any longer. Regrettably, he does not have time to order from you and wait for arrival of one of your products.

Thanks.
I'm not too familiar with the products that are available over the counter, but I do believe Meguiar's makes an over the counter bug removal product.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:44 AM
BevoZ06
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Thanks, Nick -

I showed him last night some of the car care products I had purchased from you, and I believe I have him convinced of the need to properly care for his new car. But first he has to undo the damage already there. I appreciate your prompt response.

Get notified of new replies

To Quick & Easy Bug Removal w/Diamondite Bug Eraser

Quick Reply: Quick & Easy Bug Removal w/Diamondite Bug Eraser