Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

this should be the Zaino section!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 02:05 PM
McKVette
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Kevin McGrade)

I wouldn't start....Then you will not be able to stop like the rest of us :D
Old 08-05-2001, 08:39 PM
vettfixr
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: (Kevin McGrade)

Kevin
I felt just like you until about 2 months ago. I used Meguiars products religiously for the past 12 to 14 years. I used their products to finish off my 74 both times that I painted it because that's what was recommended in most of the write-ups in those years. After reading all of the posts on this board I decided to give Zaino a try. Before starting I used 3M Swirl and Haze Remover to get the finish correct before applying the Zaino. On the first and second coat of Zaino I was a little disappointed because I didn't get the instant gratification that the Meguiars products produce. But weeks later the paint still looked like the day I polished it (something you don't get when using Meguiars) and it wasn't collecting dust (Black Car). I applied 2 more coats and the results surpassed the Meguiars, and it just keeps getting better with every coat. A few weeks back I posted an in-depth comparison of Meguiars vs. Zaino in this forum. You can do a search for it if you want more info but whatever you do, give it a try. :seeya

Quick Reply: this should be the Zaino section!!