Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Pinnacle Eye Candy - Black Paint

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
Default Pinnacle Eye Candy - Black Paint

One of my favorite spray waxes, Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax, was recently re-formulated and packed full of even more gloss enhancers and advanced UVA and UVB absorbers to provide a level of gloss, slickness and protection that's usually only found in a traditional liquid wax. This wax has been the talk of the forums since it was reformulated and for good reason.

I've been using this spray wax at every available opportunity the last couple of weeks and the Sunday before last was no exception. After a quick wash of my friend's black Corolla, I grabbed a bottle of the new formula Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax and a Griot's Garage Micro Fiber Polish Removal Cloth and got started.

A helpful tip to keep in mind before using any spray wax is to first prime the microfiber towel with a couple sprays of the product. This ensures that you're simply not wiping the wax off the paint when the towel glides across the surface, but rather you're working the wax into the paint. Two or three sprays is all that's needed when starting out with a fresh towel and it guarantees the best coverage from the product that you're using.

The new formula XMT 360 Spray Wax is highly concentrated meaning very little product is required per panel. You will get the best performance from the wax if you're applying it to a cool panel.

I've been using Griot's Garage Micro Fiber Polish Removal Cloths a lot lately for spray waxes and quick detail sprays because they feature a medium nap on one side and a flat weave on the other. The towel never feels like it's dragging across the paint and just like the name of the towel implies, it also works great at removing polish and wax using the side with the flat weave.

You can completely wax a vehicle with the new formula Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax in less than fifteen minutes and still receive months of protection like a traditional liquid wax but in the convenience and ease of use of a spray.

Only so many words can describe the level of shine that the new formula Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax provides, so without further ado, here are some pictures of the end result.

Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax New & Improved!

Griot's Garage Micro Fiber Polish Removal Cloths

Old 12-06-2011, 04:23 PM
CheckeredFlag
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

nice job
Old 12-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by CheckeredFlag