Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Car Care for an 82 corvette

Old 09-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Adam704
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Care for an 82 corvette

Hello, just looking to gather some opinions on what would be the best product to use on the dash of my 82 corvette. I've heard good and bad things about armor all, and it seems a lot of people use aero 303. I've read about mink oil too.

-What would be the best to keep it from cracking?
-The dash is vinyl, right?
Old 09-16-2012, 03:55 PM
0David-Fermani
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Why the need to put anything on your dash? Dressings are not needed for prolonging the life of your plastics. They're used for only appearance alteration only. If anything, they attract dust and resoiling because they have an oil content in them. And if that's what you're after, then there are several different products that can be used to give you different level of shininess.

I'm a firm believer that if it didn't look shiny from the factory, why alter/change that look? Keep it simple...
Old 09-16-2012, 04:51 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam704
Hello, just looking to gather some opinions on what would be the best product to use on the dash of my 82 corvette. I've heard good and bad things about armor all, and it seems a lot of people use aero 303. I've read about mink oil too.

-What would be the best to keep it from cracking?
-The dash is vinyl, right?
303 Protectant is often suggested because its water based, dries to the touch, and offers a very good UV protectant built in. Other products like Ultima Interior Sealant and Meguairs Interior Cleaner also offer nice benefits.

The cracking you suggest was once thought to be mainly because of the use of low grade silicones in protectants. Most companies have long since changed their designs. To compound the issue however, many dashes are made of different materials now and some are now even being coated with vinyl and coated leathers.

Get notified of new replies

To Car Care for an 82 corvette

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car Care for an 82 corvette