Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Turtle Wax Products

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 06:45 PM
GTJim
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Turtle Wax Products

Decided to give some of the new (or new to me) Ice Products a try today. I bought their clear coat cleaner, Ice Detail Spay and Ice Wax. Washed the car thoroughly first and dried it off. I use the Absorber because I like the way it pulls in the water and doesn't scratch the car. It works great for getting the water out from around the tail lights.

Once the car was completely dry I applied some of the clear coat cleaner. I started with the back of the car first and worked my way to the front. My first impression with the cleaner is man this stuff is hard to get off! The car was cool, hadn't been run and the temp at the time was 74 degrees. I had partial shade as well, no direct sunlight. I stopped at the doors and pulled the car into the garage and let it sit there for about two hours. What a difference! Came off much easier. Still not as easy as the Mothers cleaner I regularly use but still much better.

At this point I have the entire car cleaned with the cleaner. The stuff does what it advertises but it seems to be very temperature temperamental. I've used other products under similar conditions and never had a problem.

I'm done for now and I'm going to pick up where I left off tomorrow. Ill post my impressions about the wax when I'm done. Time for a cold beer!

Oh one other thing, the best thing about the cleaner is it left no white dust or powder residue. The Mag Red color is now has depth to it and looks like it should. I think this car hasn't been waxed in a while. I'm the second owner.

Last edited by GTJim; 09-16-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:10 PM
killain
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 510 Likes on 310 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
Oldtimer

Default Turtle wax products ?

I recently used the Turtle synthetic polish and I really like how easy it is to apply and buff to a great shine. It was much better than the black magic polish I had been using. But I miss the cherry sent though ? Good product though.

Jim Ward
Old 09-16-2012, 07:23 PM
GTJim
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by killain
I recently used the Turtle synthetic polish and I really like how easy it is to apply and buff to a great shine. It was much better than the black magic polish I had been using. But I miss the cherry sent though ? Good product though.

Jim Ward
I've always used Mothers products so this was my first time trying it out. Hopefully the wax works better than the clear coat cleaner.

Get notified of new replies

To Turtle Wax Products

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Products