Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Just did first wax

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 12:38 PM
carsangelop
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Just did first wax

So I posted last week that I was going to do my first wax.I washed with a good soapy car wash Armor All brand dryed it with a microfibed towel and did a coat of Rejex applied and removed with micro fiber rags.Turned out real nice My question is if i continue to use all micro fiber rags will this prevent swirles?Iam very careful in the pressure I use wiping off the Rejex and always use fresh rags I dont let the rejex build up on the wipe off rags My car is Cyber Gray Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 04:12 PM
c6vetteinhouston
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The less you touch the body with any towels, the less likely you will develop the very small and fine cat like catches. However, wiping it down from time to time is an essential part of detailing. The cleaner you keep your towels, the better. For me, I use three towels to wipe my vette down when I use detail spray. But, when I was and dry, I use the pool rinse or as Mike Phillips would say, “water sheeting technique.” Once you have completed this, and then use a leaf blower or similar high air blowing system to blow off the remaining water from the body and all the hiding places water likes to hide in. Once you have completed using the leaf blower, I can assure you, your vehicle is so dry, that it will only take one towel to just do a quick wipe down and less touching of the towel on the body which helps in reducing the fine scratches, but will still need to give a quick wipe down with detail spray.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:14 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

If you dont want light marring and scratches, then consider not only good soft towels but also good washing and drying techniques to use with those towels.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:33 PM
carsangelop
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by c6vetteinhouston
The less you touch the body with any towels, the less likely you will develop the very small and fine cat like catches. However, wiping it down from time to time is an essential part of detailing. The cleaner you keep your towels, the better. For me, I use three towels to wipe my vette down when I use detail spray. But, when I was and dry, I use the pool rinse or as Mike Phillips would say, “water sheeting technique.” Once you have completed this, and then use a leaf blower or similar high air blowing system to blow off the remaining water from the body and all the hiding places water likes to hide in. Once you have completed using the leaf blower, I can assure you, your vehicle is so dry, that it will only take one towel to just do a quick wipe down and less touching of the towel on the body which helps in reducing the fine scratches, but will still need to give a quick wipe down with detail spray.
That make sense the less contact the better I guess a California silicone blade is out of the question.Can you detail the water sheeting technique? Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 08:08 PM
CyberGrayGS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carsangelop
That make sense the less contact the better I guess a California silicone blade is out of the question.Can you detail the water sheeting technique? Thanks
Check out this video:
Old 03-08-2013, 04:22 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

to avoid marring after the use of a leaf blower or Master Blaster, consider spritzing the surface with a detail spray and then blotting as possible. A light wipe is ok as long as it glides over the surface, no heavy rubbing.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:52 PM
CheckeredFlag
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

hey carsangelop

Since no one else has mentioned it yet .... We like pics (hint, hint)

Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Don't forget to use the two (or three) bucket wash method. You'll want to get some grit guards as well. Use good microfiber towels and as others have said the less rubbing you do with towels the better off you are.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:28 AM
carsangelop
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CheckeredFlag
hey carsangelop

I will get some up soon The guys on GD are waiting also Car is only a couple of weeks old
Old 03-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Richard@Adams
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Drying

Originally Posted by carsangelop
So I posted last week that I was going to do my first wax.I washed with a good soapy car wash Armor All brand dryed it with a microfibed towel and did a coat of Rejex applied and removed with micro fiber rags.Turned out real nice My question is if i continue to use all micro fiber rags will this prevent swirles?Iam very careful in the pressure I use wiping off the Rejex and always use fresh rags I dont let the rejex build up on the wipe off rags My car is Cyber Gray Thanks
Consider a MertoVac Blaster for your dryer.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:02 PM
carsangelop
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CheckeredFlag
hey carsangelop

Old 03-11-2013, 05:30 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

interesting with the silver headlamps ....

Get notified of new replies

To Just did first wax

Quick Reply: Just did first wax