Corvette Window Washing Trick..... - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Car Care Discussion
Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Window Washing Trick.....

Old 07-25-2016, 07:51 PM   #41
Yaupon
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERK View Post
I just ordered 5. I hope they work.
I was skeptical about purchasing them. However, given all the positive reviews and tired of having streaky windows I ordered some a couple of weeks ago. Although a little pricey, they do a great job on getting car windows clean. As others have stated, the key seems to be having them completely wrung out before use. My windows have never looked so good. Hope you have success with them also.
Yaupon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #42
spearfish25
CF Senior Member

Just tried mine. Seems like the key is to use a tiny amount of water. Anything more and you'll leave droplets. Might try a tiny touch of window cleaning solution instead of water next time.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:30 PM   #43
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKYMN View Post
I ordered 5 cloths about 3 weeks ago and they arrived in just a couple of days. I have used them on everything from my car windows to my glass tables, laminated counters, appliances and even wooden furniture!
In every case it worked exactly as advertised.
Several times it left some water in which case I just wringed the cloth again and re-wiped and it was perfect.
One thing I REALLY hate doing is cleaning the light fixture in my 2 story foyer. I don't like heights. But I wiped the all glass fixture with this cloth and I was amazed how much dirt it cleaned off. So much easier than using a spray bottle and then switching to the cloth. Even with a 12 foot Little Giant ladder I am at the highest step recommended so I really want to get it done quickly. This cloth did the trick.
I highly recommend it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
They do work. I have some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG B FAB View Post
I ordered one and received it the other day. I've tried quite a few different ways of trying to get the windshield streak free and this is the best thus far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOrrTH View Post
I bought a set for myself and it worked so well I bought a pile more for my friends and family.

If they aren't working for you then you are either using too much or too little water. The magic happens when they are damp but not wet. Also, when they are brand new you have to clean them as it says in the instructions.

Once you learn the right moisture level of the cloth they work far better than anything I've ever used. We even use the big ones on the inside of the house windows.
southerncarparts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:26 PM   #44
Mikado463
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncarparts View Post
If you bought these at Carlisle then they weren't ours. We've never been there.
Well perhaps you need to attend and put and end to this imposter ! after all it's bigger than anything you have in your neck of the woods !
Mikado463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:11 AM   #45
albertwilliam

On reading this I got an clear Idea about cleaning tips.
albertwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:11 AM   #46
kvozel
CF Senior Member
CI 3-4-5-6-7 & 9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08

Location: Centerville OH "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Just tried mine. Seems like the key is to use a tiny amount of water. Anything more and you'll leave droplets. Might try a tiny touch of window cleaning solution instead of water next time.
Has anyone tried spraying the cloth with something like Invisible Glass?
kvozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:34 AM   #47
juanvaldez
CF Senior Member

I tried 'em. They work. They work better if you wash them and rinse them really well, then a final rinse in distilled water. Finally ring 'em out completely dry then wrap them in paper towels and wring them again. Store the clean towel folded in a Ziploc.
juanvaldez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:22 PM   #48
joec
CF Senior Member

tried them and they didn't work for me... Newspaper is still the best IMHO..
joec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:51 AM   #49
03 Anti-venom

Hi Dave

Sent you an email. Thank you

Zeke
03 Anti-venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #50
Vyper340
CF Senior Member

I tired this and am happy to report that they work as advertised. Impressive!! One note is that they are not like a mircrofiber that is like the others. It's more like engineered paper and thin but it does not tear. The fact is they work and work well. Worth getting the five pack!

Very happy with purchases from Southern! Can't wait to see my side rockers that I ordered.
Vyper340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:11 PM   #51
Adam's Polish
Supporting Vendor
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Guys check out this neat window cleaning tip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxYXppXTeN8
Adam's Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:55 AM   #52
EdsC6Z06
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'08-'10

I had high hopes but found these not to work very well. Have tried all variations of dampness with so so results at best.
EdsC6Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #53
LS WON
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncarparts View Post
If you are like me, washing the windows inside your Vette (or any other car for that matter) is the biggest pain in the butt of the whole cleaning process. There is always that damn film that builds up on the inside of the windows that you do not notice until 12am at night when you are driving home from a party and the oncoming car headlight about blind you because of the film build up on the windows. You tell yourself at that late hour, "damn, I really need to clean the windows". You go home go to bed, wake up the next morning and forget all about the promise you made to yourself about the window cleaning (until the next night drive).

Anyway, I had a customer of mine purchase an exhaust system and he told me about this new Myra Fiber cloth that makes cleaning windows a breeze. Simply slightly dampen it, and wipe....streak free, crystal clear window with no sprays or streaks. Oh, and it lasts forever and is washable. Assuming it was probably a gimmick, I figured I would give it a try....

All I can say is WOW...this thing REALLY does works!!! It wipes your windows perfectly clean. Heck it even wiped off the window sticker glue (my new 09 Z06 that I am so proud of )without any effort.

Guy's, this is not a Gimmick...You are missing the boat if you do not use this handy little towel to clean your windows. It works as advertised, if not better. No more glass cleaner over spray on my dash, ever!!!

I promise you, this will be the best $6 bucks you EVER spent.

They are so good, I immediately purchased a 100 of them, and have then ready to ship out. Order below

The Ultimate Cloth

Order above

Trust me on this one........Just order the darn thing !!!! you will want to personally call and thank me after using it!

David
LS WON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #54
LS WON
CF Senior Member

Too difficult to clean inside of windshield because of angle.
LS WON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:20 AM   #55
Grumpy
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17
NCM Sinkhole Donor

in for 5
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:16 AM   #56
Bruce Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Sir, you may have not been to Carlisle but someone was there selling the exact or very similar product. Looks like a duck walks like a duck, it's a duck. The duck I bought didn't quack......
that settles it for me, as a general rule I dont allow ducks in my Corvette.
Bruce Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:42 PM   #57
Dragon Tamer
CF Senior Member

I received my order a couple of weeks ago. Now mind you my wife has an eagle eye and can spot dirt, smudges, etc on the inside / outside of a windshield that looks perfectly clean to me.

For years she always insists that the inside of the cars we have all have filmy surfaces. Especially right after I have busted my butt to make sure they are as clean as I can get them.

I have tried all the different products, all the way down to the basics, vinegar and newspaper (works pretty well).

So, I figured what the hey, I'll drop $30 and see what these will do.

I followed the instructions exactly. Figured I'd try her BMW first. Then I did the Vette, and the truck. I then had an unveil moment, and took her to look at her car first. She was amazed - and told me that that is the cleanest the inside of her windshield looked since she picked it up new.

All I can say, if she is happy, then I am happy. And, yes they do what David stated - they really clean the glass. Just make sure you wring the heck out of the towel, it has to be almost dry when you use it.
Dragon Tamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:43 AM   #58
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Tamer View Post
I received my order a couple of weeks ago. Now mind you my wife has an eagle eye and can spot dirt, smudges, etc on the inside / outside of a windshield that looks perfectly clean to me.

For years she always insists that the inside of the cars we have all have filmy surfaces. Especially right after I have busted my butt to make sure they are as clean as I can get them.

I have tried all the different products, all the way down to the basics, vinegar and newspaper (works pretty well).

So, I figured what the hey, I'll drop $30 and see what these will do.

I followed the instructions exactly. Figured I'd try her BMW first. Then I did the Vette, and the truck. I then had an unveil moment, and took her to look at her car first. She was amazed - and told me that that is the cleanest the inside of her windshield looked since she picked it up new.

All I can say, if she is happy, then I am happy. And, yes they do what David stated - they really clean the glass. Just make sure you wring the heck out of the towel, it has to be almost dry when you use it.
Thanks for the post! Emphasis on using the towel when it's mostly dry is absolutely right.
southerncarparts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:59 AM   #59
Bruce Potter

Im guessing that the film that always appears on the inside of the windshield has a large part to do with the manufacturing oils in the plastics and vinyl used on the dashboards of most cars. Since I dont smoke in the C-6 ( and it would be my guess that many here dont either) it cant be contributed to smoking. I smoke, but not in that car. I figure that when the dash gets hot the oils heat up and escape in the form of a gas. When that gas hits the cooler surface of the windshield, it turns back into an oily film. whatever is used to clean the inside of the windshield has to have some properties to it that allow it to cut that oil film left behind.
My assumption comes from the observation that the side and back windows dont suffer this same film buildup. As I have learned since getting married some many years ago, I could be wrong, I usually am, just ask my wife,,, I only keep her because she loves Corvettes.. ok, there might be some other reasons to keep her.
Bruce Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:24 AM   #60
Virtual Geezer
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Tamer View Post
Just make sure you wring the heck out of the towel, it has to be almost dry when you use it.
That's the key!
Virtual Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Corvette Window Washing Trick.....
  •