Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Corvette Window Washing Trick.....

Old 08-07-2014, 06:34 PM
LKYMN
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered 5 cloths about 3 weeks ago and they arrived in just a couple of days. I have used them on everything from my car windows to my glass tables, laminated counters, appliances and even wooden furniture!
In every case it worked exactly as advertised.
Several times it left some water in which case I just wringed the cloth again and re-wiped and it was perfect.
One thing I REALLY hate doing is cleaning the light fixture in my 2 story foyer. I don't like heights. But I wiped the all glass fixture with this cloth and I was amazed how much dirt it cleaned off. So much easier than using a spray bottle and then switching to the cloth. Even with a 12 foot Little Giant ladder I am at the highest step recommended so I really want to get it done quickly. This cloth did the trick.
I highly recommend it.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:29 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by LKYMN
I ordered 5 cloths about 3 weeks ago and they arrived in just a couple of days. I have used them on everything from my car windows to my glass tables, laminated counters, appliances and even wooden furniture!
In every case it worked exactly as advertised.
Several times it left some water in which case I just wringed the cloth again and re-wiped and it was perfect.
One thing I REALLY hate doing is cleaning the light fixture in my 2 story foyer. I don't like heights. But I wiped the all glass fixture with this cloth and I was amazed how much dirt it cleaned off. So much easier than using a spray bottle and then switching to the cloth. Even with a 12 foot Little Giant ladder I am at the highest step recommended so I really want to get it done quickly. This cloth did the trick.
I highly recommend it.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:07 PM
PeterB
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

-

Quick question on the Ultimate Towel please...

I ordered 5 of these or whatever that packet bundle offer was? I don't remember I want to say around $30/40?. No directions with it? Maybe I missed something? I did as others have suggested on this thread with little to no success?

They arrived a few weeks ago and had a chance to use it today. I know they work because others including yourself Southernman endorse it furiously

So, I wet it. Let it dry a bit, wrung it out and used it. It still left water spots for me on the inside and outside? Did I do something wrong or are you suppose to re wipe it dry it with another micro towel??

My understanding was this was the Ultimate Towel with nothing else to do other then wet it, rinse it and clean with it, wash it and reuse it?

Appreciate the response. Thanks guys.

PeterB.

_

Last edited by PeterB; 08-16-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:09 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by PeterB
-

Quick question on the Ultimate Towel please...

I ordered 5 of these or whatever that packet bundle offer was? I don't remember I want to say around $30/40?. No directions with it? Maybe I missed something? I did as others have suggested on this thread with little to no success?

They arrived a few weeks ago and had a chance to use it today. I know they work because others including yourself Southernman endorse it furiously

So, I wet it. Let it dry a bit, wrung it out and used it. It still left water spots for me on the inside and outside? Did I do something wrong or are you suppose to re wipe it dry it with another micro towel??

My understanding was this was the Ultimate Towel with nothing else to do other then wet it, rinse it and clean with it, wash it and reuse it?

Appreciate the response. Thanks guys.

PeterB.

_
It's $29 for 5...

You barely use any water. Simply mist (lightly, very lightly) the window and wipe off. I'm talking a tiny amount of water, only in spots, you just want the surface slightly damp.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:50 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Alwyn678
For me as well. Newspaper is the next best applicator and the cheapest as well.
If you bought these at Carlisle then they weren't ours. We've never been there.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:58 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

The Ultimate Cloth

Order above
Old 01-04-2015, 11:58 PM
xlr8rvette
Drifting

Location: Fayetteville Arkansas recently moved from Oakland Ca
Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

I gave up washing the Vette windows. No matter what I use I get streaks. My solution.....I give the guy at the local carwash $5 and he cleans the glass.....nothing else, just clean the glass.

In reference to the inside film that occurs between washes using a dry Adams white microfiber with the black edges seems to help. However, when I wash the Vette I include going to the carwash for another reason...I cannot get to the inside bottom of front window

Last edited by xlr8rvette; 01-05-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:18 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Broker99
I have not had much luck with this type of towel
I had the same experience for a long time. I'm really impressed with the Ultimate Cloth though, so I'd suggest giving it a try.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 03-03-2015, 11:29 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

I've had great success on my windows using an Absorber. I wet the Absorber with plain water and run it through my hand wringer, which gets most of the water out. I wipe the window and let what little water is left on the glass evaporate. It doesn't leave any streaks. I think the secret is getting most of the water out of the Absorber.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:25 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by meyerweb
Hmm. A customer told you about this cloth before you started selling it. That kinda strongly implies that you're NOT the only place to get these. Maybe the only place to get this particular branded version, but obviously not the only place to get "Myra Fiber" cloth window cleaners.
If you're interested, I'd recommend trying an A to B comparison of our product against other "myra fiber" cloths...I think you'll see the difference.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 10-03-2015, 03:29 PM
slayer6x6
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Eh, I'll give it a shot. Order placed...
Old 10-03-2015, 03:32 PM
patriotpa
Melting Slicks

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

They do work. I have some.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:41 PM
BIG B FAB
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered one and received it the other day. I've tried quite a few different ways of trying to get the windshield streak free and this is the best thus far.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:17 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

I am picky as well. Ordered 5 and will give you guys Complete. Assesment of the towels
Old 01-06-2016, 06:42 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

I ordered one and it was much smaller than I expected. I found it no better at cleaning the windows than anything else. The size drove me nuts. Into the trash it went!
Old 01-10-2016, 06:02 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Rob4092xx
I ordered one and it was much smaller than I expected. I found it no better at cleaning the windows than anything else. The size drove me nuts. Into the trash it went!
Your loss...these work great. You clearly didn't use it correctly. We'll send you another one and if you follow the directions, I promise you'll be amazed..
Old 02-11-2016, 06:29 PM
dewoof01
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like an interesting product, however I don't have any issues with getting streaks on my windows when wiping. My wife and all my employees can't wash a window without streaking to save their lives. Its all about the technique, if you are wiping correctly you won't have any streaks.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Window Washing Trick.....

Old 03-26-2016, 11:31 AM
wonka12_98
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Haha, actually it's your loss because he isn't buying any more from you. I bought 3 of these recently and will finally give them a try today on my car. I'll post back with the results. My car only has 300 miles on it and the windows are already filthy.

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Your loss...these work great. You clearly didn't use it correctly. We'll send you another one and if you follow the directions, I promise you'll be amazed..
Old 06-23-2016, 01:22 PM
NOrrTH
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought a set for myself and it worked so well I bought a pile more for my friends and family.

If they aren't working for you then you are either using too much or too little water. The magic happens when they are damp but not wet. Also, when they are brand new you have to clean them as it says in the instructions.

Once you learn the right moisture level of the cloth they work far better than anything I've ever used. We even use the big ones on the inside of the house windows.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:35 AM
HERK
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered 5. I hope they work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette Window Washing Trick.....