Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Rejex and a detail spray

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 09:31 PM
leebay
Drifting

Received 610 Likes on 383 Posts

Default Rejex and a detail spray

What are you using as a detail spray after applying Rejex? I have used Adams detail spray which seams to do fine.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:35 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by leebay
What are you using as a detail spray after applying Rejex? I have used Adams detail spray which seams to do fine.
The two cars I use Rejex on mostly get traditionally washed with water since they are outside cars and get much too dirty for a waterless regimen. I have used some detail spray for spot cleaning like when something gets on my car right after I cleaned it and my preference is the pinnacle waterless wash spray. I've waterless washed my black 91 vette with that and it was surprisingly good.

aside from that, for more everyday uses for a less expensive spray juice, I use Malco detail spray I bought by the gallon or assorted Mothers/Meguires spray that I still have a little bit left on my shelf. really, for the general purpose jobs like claying where you use a lot, anything you get for the best price is what i would use. For the best product with a ton of lubricity, I'm recommending the Pinnacle.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:57 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

You can not go wrong with Adam's. They have a fine line of products all are great.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:29 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by leebay
There are several hidden gems. Optimum, Pinnacle, Blackfire and Prima immediately come to mind.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:29 AM
KBsToy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Optimum, FK 425
Old 09-04-2015, 11:00 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by KBsToy
Optimum, FK 425
Finishkare 425 is indeed a great choice also, and Optimum just rocks !
Old 09-06-2015, 09:49 AM
C7VETTENEWB
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On a similar note, do you or can you use a carnauba wax after putting on rejex?
Old 09-06-2015, 10:24 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by C7VETTENEWB
I use rejex on my lighter colored vehicles. For my black car, I just use synthetic waxes or carnuba straight away. I don't see the point of a clearcoat for your clearcoat for your wax*. If rejex doesn't pop for your color, use something else. No product lasts all that long, why spend the time layering?

*yes I've tried it.Rejex lasts 90 days outside and 6-9 month+ for occasionally driven inside cars. No extra wax layer needed.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:27 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by C7VETTENEWB
Some individuals like to add a "topper" to a sealant when its been applied and cured. They often suggest it offers a "wetter" or "deeper" finish. Its personal preference and can indeed be done. The only change that could come into play, is going back to the sealant. You may need to clean or polish the paint prior to a new application.

Rejex is a fine paint sealant, and looks great on its own and quite durable. If you feel you want something different, then I highly suggest using several detail sprays or rinseless washes with 'nuba to see if you like the combo.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:06 PM
Red89gt
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

When I used to use rejex I used FK425 for an occasional wipe down of the car. Left a pretty nice gloss and very easy to apply/take off, could have the whole car done in about 10-15 minutes.

Get notified of new replies

To Rejex and a detail spray

Quick Reply: Rejex and a detail spray