Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Question for Zaino Users

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 09:59 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Default Question for Zaino Users

On my daily driver / tow vehicle Escalade I use "Lucas Quick Mist" spray wax after a wash. The product is designed to be sprayed on a wet car prior to drying. The product seems to work very well leaving a nice slick shine and saves time as the drying and detail spray is one step. For the record, this is over a base of Zaino.

I don't use the Lucas Quick Mist on my C5 and was wondering if Zaino Z-8 Spray Seal could be used the same way without diluting the product and compromising its effectiveness. Do any Zaino users out there spray Z-8 (or Z-6) on a wet car and then dry with good results?

BIGMAC
Old 02-27-2016, 11:56 AM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Yes, I use it full strength but many cut it down.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:11 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,551 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I have used both Z8 and Z6 after washing with no problem. I use a nice waffle weave towel with them. With all the Zaino I have on the cars I rarely have to do anything more than sheet the water off with an open nozzle after washing and blow it dry with the leaf blower. Not usually much water left after that.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:28 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

i mix z8 and z6 , i'm on social security , and like results but have never tried it on wet car . seems that would be like mixing it with water , which i've done , and using it on a dry car . it dilutes it .
Old 02-29-2016, 03:52 PM
GizmoZ
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm kind of shocked Zaino hasn't updated their product line in what feels like almost a decade. They could make a big splash if they'd roll out some updated products.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:05 AM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 614 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoZ
I'm kind of shocked Zaino hasn't updated their product line in what feels like almost a decade. They could make a big splash if they'd roll out some updated products.
Don't fix what isn't broken.

I don't see an issue with using Z6 on a wet car, either spray it on more liberally, or just have it dilute a little. Results should be great either way.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:48 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoZ
Like????
I own a very high end detailing shop in Silicon Valley and use Zaino as a finishing product. My shop is in a town that is very car oriented, the mix of cars we get and are in this town would make many people wet their pants. The town is empty during Monterey car week, and many of my customers display their cars in the shows. I am in high demand and the cars we do, are award winners or place very, very high using Zaino.
So what should Zaino do to improve, easy too say they should update, but harder to say with what?
Old 03-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Would be a good question to ask Zaino. I've never tried it and not sure it would work with Z6 or 8 since the Lucas product is a wax and Z6 and 8 are more detail sprays.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:55 AM
GizmoZ
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

You Zaino fans sure are a touchy bunch

A good place to start, and the reason why I stopped using Zaino 10 years ago is the ZFX additive. Even back then, Zaino was supposedly working on bringing some new polishes to market that didn't require it. Still haven't seen it. I just think it's funny their website still has stuff from 2004 under the "What's New" section. A little update to both the website and the products would bring in new customers and encourage people who used to use it to try it again. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited by GizmoZ; 03-08-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Question for Zaino Users

Quick Reply: Question for Zaino Users