Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

wolfgang rinseless wash

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 02:55 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

Default wolfgang rinseless wash

to put this in context i'd bought and tried the product a couple months ago and was stunned at the difference in shine after using it first time . kind of nice in garage today so i mixed some up in a small bottle as a quick detailer . i uncovered the hood of the 2000 vette and did one half to compare to the zaino z6 that i'd used on whole car . it was a little shinier and more slippery , the ''slippery'' improvement caught me by surprise because the zaino is really slippery . if there is yet a better quick detailer [ somewhere i saw positive things about kenotek ] let me know , if not i'm really pleased with the wolfgang and compared to zaino z6 it is CHEAP . i wish it came in 32 ounces rather than 16 or 128 ounces as i don't know if it has a long shelf life and 16 is to little and 128 way to much product .. .. .. peace
The following users liked this post:
ronkh57 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 02:58 PM
Travlee
Race Director

Received 1,110 Likes on 606 Posts

i use Optimum No Rinse (ONR), and then the Optimum Gloss enhancer.... love the results

Old 02-14-2017, 05:50 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Waterless and Rinseless washes by their makeup will often show a "slippery" surface. Its likely all the lubricants used to avoid swirls and marring when used as a wash. Best part, it also has ingredients to loosen and emulsify dirt. Some Quick Detailers are nothing more than detail sprays and really don't clean that well.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:52 AM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by bigcypress
to put this in context i'd bought and tried the product a couple months ago and was stunned at the difference in shine after using it first time . kind of nice in garage today so i mixed some up in a small bottle as a quick detailer . i uncovered the hood of the 2000 vette and did one half to compare to the zaino z6 that i'd used on whole car . it was a little shinier and more slippery , the ''slippery'' improvement caught me by surprise because the zaino is really slippery . if there is yet a better quick detailer [ somewhere i saw positive things about kenotek ] let me know , if not i'm really pleased with the wolfgang and compared to zaino z6 it is CHEAP . i wish it came in 32 ounces rather than 16 or 128 ounces as i don't know if it has a long shelf life and 16 is to little and 128 way to much product .. .. .. peace
How much of the Uber product did you use in what I'm assuming was a 32 oz spray bottle? I'm doing the exact same thing tomorrow so your post is perfect timing.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:26 AM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

directions say 3 ounces per 128 ounces of water . i made 16 ounces with 3/8 ounce of the uber . for 32 ounces you'd need 3/4 ounce of uber . i hope you will be pleased with results . . peace .......edit : it's a couple hours later and i was just thinking maybe some of wolfgangs other sprays would be even better and more beneficial in ''protecting'' the painted surfaces . all comments appreciated including thoughts on other brand products . . . peace

Last edited by bigcypress; 02-15-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:34 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by bigcypress
directions say 3 ounces per 128 ounces of water . i made 16 ounces with 3/8 ounce of the uber . for 32 ounces you'd need 3/4 ounce of uber . i hope you will be pleased with results . . peace .......edit : it's a couple hours later and i was just thinking maybe some of wolfgangs other sprays would be even better and more beneficial in ''protecting'' the painted surfaces . all comments appreciated including thoughts on other brand products . . . peace
Thanks.

For the last 3 years I've been using the TurtleWax No Rinse product that Optimum claims they made for TurtleWax. It worked awesome for washing cars but I have my own system. What I did was use distilled water (we have super hard water here) in a 2 gallon pesticide sprayer with 3 or 4 cap fulls of the TurtleWax product. I would spray sections of the car and dampen my towels with the product and proceed to wipe the vehicles clean. We have multiple SUV's and pickups at work so this became a very efficient and inexpensive method to "wash" vehicles, very much like a giant detail spray bottle but at pennies per wash. But my stash of TurtleWax product ran out (no longer made) so I ordered the Optimum No Rinse, Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax and the Wolfgang Uber Rinseless to give it a try and see which I like best.

I also mix 32 oz bottles for small jobs, etc and also when traveling to use as a detail spray. Detail sprays really are expensive when you look at what you get and what they provide compared to mixing your own product.

The weather looks like rain again so I'm going to hold out for a few days of dry weather to clean some vehicles. I'll let you know what I think of the product.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:13 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackAire
Thanks.

For the last 3 years I've been using the TurtleWax No Rinse product that Optimum claims they made for TurtleWax. It worked awesome for washing cars but I have my own system. What I did was use distilled water (we have super hard water here) in a 2 gallon pesticide sprayer with 3 or 4 cap fulls of the TurtleWax product. I would spray sections of the car and dampen my towels with the product and proceed to wipe the vehicles clean. We have multiple SUV's and pickups at work so this became a very efficient and inexpensive method to "wash" vehicles, very much like a giant detail spray bottle but at pennies per wash. But my stash of TurtleWax product ran out (no longer made) so I ordered the Optimum No Rinse, Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax and the Wolfgang Uber Rinseless to give it a try and see which I like best.

I also mix 32 oz bottles for small jobs, etc and also when traveling to use as a detail spray. Detail sprays really are expensive when you look at what you get and what they provide compared to mixing your own product.

The weather looks like rain again so I'm going to hold out for a few days of dry weather to clean some vehicles. I'll let you know what I think of the product.
Optimum No Rinse (ONR) offers a water softner built in .... most of the newer rinseless washes are now including it. Might help save a couple bucks ....
Yaupon (02-16-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 04:19 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

used this on wife's two c5's today and it made them both somewhat shinier and more slippery than the z6 that was on them . . peace
Old 02-17-2017, 06:20 PM
got2hav1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,041 Likes on 592 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods)

I really like the Kenotek. I use ONR and have some WG but haven't tried it yet. Lots of good stuff out there, you can wear out a credit card buying and trying it all.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:13 AM
pgp
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Woflgang Uber on the shelf along with Ultma WW+ as my next products to try. I have been using up my Turtle Wax rinse-less like TrackAire above.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:30 AM
C5Longhorn
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackAire
Thanks.

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on how the Uber and ONR compare. The Uber is pricier but maybe is better.

Rick
Old 02-21-2017, 03:13 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

IMHO

Uber>ONR
Old 02-26-2017, 01:32 PM
pgp
Drifting

Does anyone know the waterless ratio for Uber?
Old 02-26-2017, 02:42 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-ube...less-wash.html

Last edited by bigcypress; 02-26-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:34 PM
pgp
Drifting

Thanks, I hope to try it out this week, if it stays warm.

It looks like detail spray is more concentrated than the waterless, if my math is correct ? (3oz. vs 2.66oz./gal.) Why would that be ?

Last edited by pgp; 02-26-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:28 PM
C5Longhorn
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Detail sprays will have more lubricity, as opposed to to rinse less wash where you will be using water with it.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:47 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

Used the Wolfgang uber waterless wash today for the first time. Very impressed with the shine. Really like the fact that it makes so much product as I tend to go overboard with wiping the vette down after every trip, especially with the high pollen counts right now in North Louisiana. Pretty impressive getting machine silver to "pop."

ronkh57 (03-22-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To wolfgang rinseless wash

Old 03-22-2017, 09:54 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by myredhead1
Used the Wolfgang uber waterless wash today for the first time. Very impressed with the shine. Really like the fact that it makes so much product as I tend to go overboard with wiping the vette down after every trip, especially with the high pollen counts right now in North Louisiana. Pretty impressive getting machine silver to "pop."

Looks GREAT
myredhead1 (03-22-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 04:59 PM
pgp
Drifting

I just used this today for the first time. I like it a lot. The finish seemed to have a nice glow to it.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:20 PM
Travlee
Race Director

Received 1,110 Likes on 606 Posts

I broke down and ordered some, will let you know i like it compared to ONR when it comes in

Quick Reply: wolfgang rinseless wash