Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Blackfire products really are great!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 10:53 AM
Rswarts1
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackfire products really are great!

I'm a completely novice detailer but decided since I just got my 15 corvette at the end of fall to give it a shot now that springs coming in the northeast. Car only has 6000 but when I clayed it couldn't believe all the contaminants that came off it. I followed glenE's simply instructions and dawn washed and clay barred simultaneously. Then polished with Blackfire total polish and seal then did two coats of blackfire Crystal seal over two days. The result is amazing. Has anyone uses a spray detailer or a spray wax over the Crystal seal? I'd like to keep it protected as long as possible. I'm going to be using blackfire waterless wash in the future as well.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:19 AM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 742 Likes on 470 Posts

Then keep it in the family and top off with Midnight Sun Spray wax
Old 03-29-2017, 11:20 AM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,528 Likes on 521 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by Rswarts1

I'm a completely novice detailer but decided since I just got my 15 corvette at the end of fall to give it a shot now that springs coming in the northeast. Car only has 6000 but when I clayed it couldn't believe all the contaminants that came off it. I followed glenE's simply instructions and dawn washed and clay barred simultaneously. Then polished with Blackfire total polish and seal then did two coats of blackfire Crystal seal over two days. The result is amazing. Has anyone uses a spray detailer or a spray wax over the Crystal seal? I'd like to keep it protected as long as possible. I'm going to be using blackfire waterless wash in the future as well.
Where do you live?

As far as a spray - try Pinnacle Crystal Mist its regarded as one of the best QD sprays. Insane shine, protectant, and also good for any light dust, etc. No streaking either.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:45 AM
Rswarts1
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in upstate NY. I'll have to look into both of those wax suggestions I may be hooked on a having a clean car for once in my life
Old 03-29-2017, 06:25 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Looking really GOOD !!!!!

I'll throw a twist out for you.

Try using the crystal seal as a drying aid. (shhhh don't tell anyone)
Old 04-01-2017, 02:26 PM
Borntorun04/17
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 622 Posts

I have used Black Fire products for a few years now and love the results.

Get notified of new replies

To Blackfire products really are great!

Quick Reply: Blackfire products really are great!