Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Recommended All in Ones or Waxes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 11:50 AM
blown5.0
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Recommended All in Ones or Waxes?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good all in one wax/sealant or similar?

I dont drive the car much and it is usually garaged, but I want to make sure the paint is always nice and glossy (and protected).

-I plan to wash the car once a month or two, depending on how much I drive
-I would like the wax or similar product to last at least 3-4 months, which I cant imagine being too difficult, considering I am in southern california and the car is garaged.

I have heard that Meguiar's cleaner wax and Klasse all in ones are good products. I don't want to apply multiple products. Just a wash, one product, and ill follow up every so often with a quick detailer spray to clean and protect. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Appreciate your input!
Old 04-14-2017, 11:59 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

I've tried a little of everything including most of the expensive, high-end detailer products. However, I've been using this for years, and I don't think anything is better in terms of ease of application, removal, zero residue, and longevity. For an all-in-one product, it fits the bill nicely.

Last edited by Foosh; 04-14-2017 at 12:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
blown5.0 (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 12:54 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

zaino aio followed by zaino ''clear seal'' you will be glad you did .
The following 2 users liked this post by bigcypress:
blown5.0 (04-14-2017), JoshVette (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 12:57 PM
JoshVette
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I've tried a little of everything including most of the expensive, high-end detailer products. However, I've been using this for years, and I don't think anything is better in terms of ease of application, removal, zero residue, and longevity. For an all-in-one product, it fits the bill nicely.

I'm not sure that NXT is a AIO product, just a sealant really.

If the cars' really not being driven that much, spend a little time the first go around to really prep the surface well and then just keep it protected. No need to continually use a cleaner wax, AIO or the sort, just keep a few layers of sealant built up and you shouldn't have to redo the initial steps but maybe every few years at most.
The following users liked this post:
blown5.0 (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 01:00 PM
maxp
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh

I have not used Techwax in years, does it still buff off as a white powder? That was the only thing I didn't like about it.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:18 PM
blown5.0
Advanced

Thank you all. Appreciate the input. There are so many products out there and everyone swears by them. I used to use Zaino and while it was great, it is very time consuming and expensive. I plan to do the following while the paint is still brand new.

-Power rinse
-Wash car with Meguiars Gold class
-Power rinse
-Apply Meguiar's NXT
-Use Meguiars Quik Detailer as needed

-Once a year or two get the car detailed by a professional
Old 04-14-2017, 06:54 PM
Torque Obsessed
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts

NXT tech wax is the only thing I'll use. Been exclusively relying on it for years. Why? Because it's fast and easy. That means I'll actually bother to do it! (Not kidding, I'd procrastinate for months if I knew it would take forever to wax the car.)
The following 2 users liked this post by Torque Obsessed:
blown5.0 (04-14-2017), Foosh (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 07:04 PM
blown5.0
Advanced

Originally Posted by Torque Obsessed
NXT tech wax is the only thing I'll use. Been exclusively relying on it for years. Why? Because it's fast and easy. That means I'll actually bother to do it! (Not kidding, I'd procrastinate for months if I knew it would take forever to wax the car.)

Not a bad reason at all. I used to use Zaino which was an all day affair, but no longer have time. If I had to use it now, i would probably do a really half assed job and it would look pretty poor. Id rather have a good product which is easy to use which I can apply without too much time and with minimal hassle.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Originally Posted by maxp
I have not used Techwax in years, does it still buff off as a white powder? That was the only thing I didn't like about it.
There is no powder residue on the 2.0 NXT.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:50 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Torque Obsessed
Exactly, which is what the OP asked for and why I made the recommendation.

Last edited by Foosh; 04-14-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:09 AM
CasualGuy
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Optimum Poli-Seal is my go-to. It cleans and protects (does a great job removing cone rash after autocross, for example) and can be applied by hand or machine (my preference).

http://www.autogeek.net/32ozoppo.html
Old 04-22-2017, 12:09 AM
Riteaidkid84
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

NXT tech wax, thanks! Why change what clearly works.

Get notified of new replies

To Recommended All in Ones or Waxes?

Quick Reply: Recommended All in Ones or Waxes?