Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

How do you clean your windows?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 08:23 AM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by yamabob
All I use on everything is a couple warm water dampened microfiber's. No streaks
Same. Altho I use purified water. Just because I had it around.
You can also wipe interior glass one direction and exterior glass another direction so it's easy to know if the streaks are inside or outside.

I'm never cleaning anything more than dust, if I had to get something more off the glass I may use some vinegar.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Beelost
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use white vinegar to clean, then distilled water to leave streak-free. It will require wiping the whole window until the water evaporates, and really helps if it's the windshield and the heater is running, or the car is warm inside from the sun. Whatever you do, make sure the cloth is lint-free and clean, preferably new and never washed. I use paper towels. They leave lint, but I can usually get most of it off with Dust-off and it doesn't bother me.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:52 PM
histoy
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a film on the inside of the rear hatch window. I've cleaned it 4 times with Windex and 3 times with an aerosol spray that I've used for years on my collector cars. They have not removed all the film. I was thinking about using alcohol, but I wonder if it will loosen the adhesive on the defrost wires? Some guys have mentioned using vinegar to clean their windows. Is this a better alternative for the rear window?

Quick Reply: How do you clean your windows?