Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

polish options

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 10:33 AM
dewoof01
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ronkh57
A pc will work. You will need to adjust your pad/polish choice and it will take more time.

Simple.
pc worked for me. You just have to use a MF cutting pad and aggressive compound. Boss mf fast correcting disc and fast correcting cream from Griot's garage on the PC did it for me.
The following users liked this post:
ronkh57 (04-30-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 05:12 PM
Dave70
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look for Glen E 's docs on how to do it.

Not as tough as you think
i'm sure i could do it.The way i look at it by the time i buy a good swirl remover,polish,polisher,pads mf towles and all the stuff i will need i can just pay a pro.Plus cleaning and polishing a car isn't my idea of a good time.I know a lot of people enjoy doing it it's just not my thing.I'm thinking of getting a good ceramic sealer so that my washing process is a lot faster and less involved.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:51 PM
Vtckf
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave70
i'm sure i could do it.The way i look at it by the time i buy a good swirl remover,polish,polisher,pads mf towles and all the stuff i will need i can just pay a pro.Plus cleaning and polishing a car isn't my idea of a good time.I know a lot of people enjoy doing it it's just not my thing.I'm thinking of getting a good ceramic sealer so that my washing process is a lot faster and less involved.
You and i think alike. It was not much fun running the polisher. Will be hiring a pro next time myself
Old 04-30-2017, 06:00 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Then the fun part will be finding a good "pro" to do it.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:46 AM
Dave70
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Then the fun part will be finding a good "pro" to do it.
Yep the cheap ones aren't good and the good ones aren't cheap. lol!
Old 05-05-2017, 07:45 AM
flyingbunnys
Le Mans Master

Received 128 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave70
not sure if im going to machine polish or not.i have a cheap 6' random orbit polisher i was using with terry bonnet. not many swirls but the silver makes them hard to see. just looking to try to get the paint to look better.

I use the Griot's Garage Boss products. They work extremely well for all of my cars. The fast correcting cream really saved the paint on my truck.

As for an orbital polisher, I am too cheap to buy one, so I use my drill with the Maguire's DA attachment.

Quick Reply: polish options