Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

How to Create the Ultimate Corvette Garage

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 04:45 PM
Curated Content Editor
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 915 Likes on 461 Posts
Default How to Create the Ultimate Corvette Garage

How to Create the Ultimate Corvette Garage
by Thomas Mabson

It's simple, having a bare concrete floor (especially with cracks and stains) and non-decorated walls in your garage is not good enough for your prized Corvette. See how you can turn your garage into a Corvette palace inside.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:43 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Looks real good!
Old 08-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Mr. Knowitall
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Please don't "tie your garage into your home's heating and A/C". It's probably not to code, and it's certainly a potential hazard.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:37 AM
golden2husky
Burning Brakes

Received 293 Likes on 193 Posts
Default dont gas yourself

Originally Posted by Mr. Knowitall
Please don't "tie your garage into your home's heating and A/C". It's probably not to code, and it's certainly a potential hazard.
Agreed - Do NOT just start connecting ductwork to your garage. For a system to work properly you need supply and return, yet return air from the garage can contain deadly CO. If you are unfortunate enough to be stuck with forced hot air heating in your house, the best route is a gas fired wall mounted heater, such as the "Hot Dawg" series by Modine. Spend a few extra bucks and get the model that takes combustion air from outside instead of the inside of the garage. It will save some money on energy, but more importantly should there ever be spilled/leaked gasoline it will be less likely to ignite those fumes.

If you are lucky enough to be building your garage new (I tore my old building down and spent two years building a new one) you can put radiant heat tubing in the new slab. That is what I did - I made a heating system with a high capacity water heater filled with a water/glycol mix. Works like a charm! If you open the doors to take a car out, five minutes later the space is back to temperature due to the thermal inertia of the concrete slab. Radiant does take some time to heat up, so I let the radiant keep the garage at 55 degrees, and when I need a quick shot of heat i use the wall mounted fan forced heater. It feels real good to be on a blanket on the floor working on your car with warmth radiating upward....

Last edited by golden2husky; 08-06-2017 at 08:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
doublenut9 (08-06-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To How to Create the Ultimate Corvette Garage

Quick Reply: How to Create the Ultimate Corvette Garage