Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Autoglym Products ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Sprongs
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Autoglym Products ?

Has anyone used these products and if so what do you think of them:
Super Resin Polish & Extra Gloss Protection.
Was given a half bottle of each. Not sure if others use them or the quality
of the products or if it is worth the trouble. Thanks for any input.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:46 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

I just tried out the Extra Gloss Protection this weekend on my C6 and I was disappointed with the streakiness it left behind but I don't know for sure if it was the Auto Glym or the 95 degree temperature outside. I do know that other products I've used in the past didn't streak like this even in the heat. I wanted to try it out to see if it prevents etching from bird bombs (I get a lot of them at my work) and it wasn't too expensive either.

One other thing I really didn't like about it is that the stuff is as thin as water so it's messy to use as a lot of it ends up spilling out on the ground when you try to pour it on your applicator.

The shine looks pretty good but you can say that about pretty much any product out there when it's first applied, and a good portion of that shine can probably be attributed to me making a couple of buffer passes with 3D HD polish first, so the surface was nice and smooth and free of most scratches.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:40 AM
Sprongs
Racer

Thanks for your review. Going to give both products a try today as the weather is now cooling off. Not sure but applying the product in 95 degree temp. could be the problem. Will see.
As for the EGP being as thin as water as you say will try putting it in a spray bottle to see how that works. Thanks again
Old 09-27-2017, 01:04 PM
Sprongs
Racer

For what it is worth. Last night after making sure the Vett was clean as possible applied a coat of the Super Resin Polish. Went on easy and came off just as easy. Left the finish very wet looking and SMOOTH. Surprised how smooth the finish was. Much improved from when I started the process. Note the Vett had been washed and clayed a week ago.
This morning added the EGP to a spray bottle and applied as directed. Waited one hour and then removed. Easy to remove. Very impressed. The EGP locked in the polish. A great combo IMHO. The Vett is White and it looks almost show room new and it is a 93.

Will use this later on our 2015 also white Buick and hope for the same results.

Last edited by Sprongs; 09-27-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:23 PM
Buggy650
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprongs
For what it is worth. Last night after making sure the Vett was clean as possible applied a coat of the Super Resin Polish. Went on easy and came off just as easy. Left the finish very wet looking and SMOOTH. Surprised how smooth the finish was. Much improved from when I started the process. Note the Vett had been washed and clayed a week ago.
This morning added the EGP to a spray bottle and applied as directed. Waited one hour and then removed. Easy to remove. Very impressed. The EGP locked in the polish. A great combo IMHO. The Vett is White and it looks almost show room new and it is a 93.

Will use this later on our 2015 also white Buick and hope for the same results.
I used it on my C6 Silver....the Super Resin Polish followed by HD Wax did a fantastic job. I am sold for life!

Get notified of new replies

To Autoglym Products ?

Quick Reply: Autoglym Products ?