Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 10:11 PM
Ranger72
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

So good, so fast, it feels like cheating. It's purely a topcoat, so perfect for freshly clayed/ polished or garage kept cars. I've been detailing cars for years, it's my new favorite top coat.
Just wanted to share. I'll dig up some pics of cars if detailed and then topped with Fast Finish if anyone wants.
The following users liked this post:
ShagVette (11-09-2018)
Old 09-09-2017, 11:07 AM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Haven't used Meguiars for a while, well I do use their soap every wash. I use p21s 100 and the water beading is just stupid. Never used a wax that beads this nicely. How is it on the Fast Finish?
Old 09-09-2017, 12:11 PM
Ranger72
Instructor

It beads relentlessly. I believe it says "hydrophobic" on the can actually. Haha.

Last edited by Ranger72; 09-09-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:58 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranger72
It beads relentlessly. I believe it says "hydrophobic" on the can actually. Haha.
I learned about this product from this youtube detailer blogger....I've been watching his videos and embarrassingly I find them relaxing to watch. Plus I honestly think he is correct in a lot of his information since he is not selling any product, just giving you demo's and his opinions of them.

Apparently he loves the Fast Finish as a interior plastic and coated leather seat protectant.....99% of our leather seats have a man made plastic type coating. Leather conditioners aren't going to do squat to protect the "leather" but putting something on the surface to help repel stains is a good idea.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:05 PM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Just purchased some. I guess I made the right choice.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:41 PM
ZO ZICK
Team Owner

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Meguiars has come along way
Old 10-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

I've been reading a lot about this stuff over the past day and it sounds like amazing stuff! I do wonder how long it keeps it's hydrophobic ability, but at the same time it is so cheap and so quick to apply that even if you need to do it every couple of weeks it's not that big of a deal! I'm definitely going to pick some up next weekend when I cross over the border into the US (it's not available in Canada at any retail store)

One thing about this type of product that I really like is how there would be less chance of introducing scratches and swirls to your finish compared to conventional sealants where you are applying more pressure both when you're putting it on and when you're buffing it off. With this stuff you are really not putting any pressure on your finish at all when using it.

I may just have found my new go to sealant!

Who else is using this stuff and what do you think of it so far?
Old 10-08-2017, 02:13 PM
joeybsyc
Drifting

Received 314 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackAire
I learned about this product from this youtube detailer blogger....I've been watching his videos and embarrassingly I find them relaxing to watch. Plus I honestly think he is correct in a lot of his information since he is not selling any product, just giving you demo's and his opinions of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jifO_ChUdTU

Apparently he loves the Fast Finish as a interior plastic and coated leather seat protectant.....99% of our leather seats have a man made plastic type coating. Leather conditioners aren't going to do squat to protect the "leather" but putting something on the surface to help repel stains is a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJoqaqjzSNY
Dude sounds like Ray Romano.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:24 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

you guys are going to send me into financial ruin . i keep reading this stuff and think ''boy , i think i'll try this'' . i'm tempted to try this on sons car which sets out all the time . i need something simple that i can do often . right now it has adams sealer on it . love the rinseless car wash [first time this week i've said that] but not sure about the sealer , need to give it more time . i'm wondering if this maguairs stuff can be used in 40 degree garage . . . peace
Old 10-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Patman
Race Director

Originally Posted by bigcypress
'm wondering if this maguairs stuff can be used in 40 degree garage . . .

I read on the Meguiar's Online community (from one of their reps) that 55 degrees is their minimum recommended application temperature.

I have been so obsessed with getting my hands on a bottle of this stuff that I drove one hour to the US border (and waited a half hour in line to cross over) so that I could pick one up from Walmart over there! I'm going to test it out on my wife's BMW first since it's going to rain a lot this week (but will be dry today and tomorrow so this stuff will have time to fully cure after applying it)
Old 10-09-2017, 09:51 PM
joeybsyc
Drifting

So is this basically like Blackfire Crystal Seal, but in aerosol? If not, what's different about it? Does it add any gloss to the polished surface, or is it just to seal an already perfectly polished surface?
Old 10-09-2017, 10:44 PM
Ranger72
Instructor

It adds shine/ depth like any good wax or top coat.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:59 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

okay , so i bought some of this stuff and tried it on sons car which sets out continually . my thoughts , really easy , really shiny and it doesn't take much product . box says it lasts for a year but doesn't state under what conditions , inside or outside or covered and stored or [????] . imagine i will comment again when car has set out for a couple months . . . . peace
Old 10-10-2017, 09:22 PM
joeybsyc
Drifting

So has anyone used this and BF Crystal Seal? I'm thinking they're likely similar products.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:05 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Originally Posted by bigcypress
okay , so i bought some of this stuff and tried it on sons car which sets out continually . my thoughts , really easy , really shiny and it doesn't take much product . box says it lasts for a year but doesn't state under what conditions , inside or outside or covered and stored or [????] . imagine i will comment again when car has set out for a couple months . . . . peace
I'm experimenting with it on my white SUV. The paint is not completely swirl free but I do drive it off the road through a lot of dirt, etc when going shooting, etc. I'm not going for a concours finish on it as it is a daily driver and driven in dirty conditions. From 4' away you can't see the fine swirls but under the right conditions, you can if you get closer. I've now used the product twice in a 3 week period....the second coat actually really seems to be even shinier...hard to make a white car really pop and look wet and this does that trick.

I like the fact that you can do the black plastic trim on the car....saves a lot of time coming back with some sort of rubber/plastic product.

My personal opinion is this stuff will not last more than a month, especially if the car is parked outside in the sun. I generally do a rinseless wipe down every two to three weeks so I'll recoat it each time. I'll have a better opinion of the product in a couple of months. But it does go on super easy, you don't have to wipe or buff it off and it really does put down a nice shine.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Patman
Race Director

Originally Posted by TrackAire

But it does go on super easy, you don't have to wipe or buff it off and it really does put down a nice shine.
You do have to wipe after you've applied it actually. You might not notice it on a white car, but on darker colors you can see where the product has flashed (much like a ceramic coating) and then you just give those spots a very light wiping with a microfiber towel. I think that if you didn't wipe that off on the darker colors you'd see streaks when finished.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:00 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Originally Posted by Patman
You do have to wipe after you've applied it actually. You might not notice it on a white car, but on darker colors you can see where the product has flashed (much like a ceramic coating) and then you just give those spots a very light wiping with a microfiber towel. I think that if you didn't wipe that off on the darker colors you'd see streaks when finished.
I agree with you...I didn't state it correctly. You don't have to do the traditional removal process like some waxes require and then buff with all the dust, etc.

I do use a second towel to go over the top very lightly to make sure the product doesn't have any high spots. Even on white, if you put too much product down and don't spread it correctly you'll see light streaks.

I'm getting ready to try it on my wifes silver SUV.

Get notified of new replies

To Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Old 10-12-2017, 06:45 PM
Ranger72
Instructor

I buffed this daily driven Mercedes a while back and topped with Fast Finish. You be the judge. (I didn't detail the rims, the owner only wanted the paint done, so don't judge me there. Haha)

Last edited by Ranger72; 10-12-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:56 PM
Ranger72
Instructor

And here is my 10+ year old truck, topped with Fast Finish.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:47 AM
bbdmac
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Is this safe to use over Xpel?

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish