Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Anyone tried this leather conditioner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 11:56 PM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Anyone tried this leather conditioner?

Ran across this leather product from Gyeon (Gyeon Q2 Leathercoat), anyone have any experience with this product care to comment?
Old 09-28-2017, 03:05 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

What is interesting is the Gyeon product does not seem to make claims that it is a "conditioner" or "make your leather soft" or "rejuvenate your leather". It seems like it is more of a protectant to keep the leather from staining or damage from UV rays. Kudos to them for not claiming the impossible.

The reality is our seats are leather with a man made layer of plastic on them....nothing can penetrate that plastic coating or it would be melting off. I use warm distilled water with a clean microfiber towel to clean my "leather" seats. Keeping the seats clean is the number one thing you can do to make the seats soft and supple.

Here is a very good explanation of how our seats are made and what leather products "might" be able to do on coated seats such as ours.

The following 2 users liked this post by TrackAire:
GregNYC (11-09-2017), RLV88 (10-04-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 09:12 PM
BudgetPlan1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 608 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

I used the Gyeon Leather Cleaner and Leather Coat on our 2004 Sport seats. Previous care was maybe 7 or so applications of Zaino Leather in a Bottle over the last 13 years. It was nice...no false sheen, no slick or greasy feel...just looked/felt good, natural.

Also used their Leather Shield on another car, same nice results but supposed greater longevity.

Can't speak to protection though...havent spilled anything on em. But they look nicer.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone tried this leather conditioner?

Quick Reply: Anyone tried this leather conditioner?