Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Ceramic Pro 9-H Coating

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 09:19 PM
crank grinder
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ceramic Pro

Had my ceramic coating put on my black grand sport corvette put on by ceramic pro. When they sold me the gold package it came with a life time warranty. When I picked it up they told me I had to bring it back once a year for a $250 check up or it would void my warranty. I already had it back to repair swirl marks from dusting with a micro fiber cloth. What good is a $2500 coating if you can't touch it. A waist of money if you ask me. They also broke my front splitter an totally denied it. Talked to someone since that worked there and quit because they were not honest people.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:03 PM
crank grinder
Intermediate

Originally Posted by geterdone
What is the average price to have this done?
I paid $2500 including wheels.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:18 PM
crank grinder
Intermediate

Default Ceramic pro

II had it applied to my black 2011 grand sport by ceramic pro worst $2000 I ever spent. Can't touch it with anything or I have a scratch. Using the most plush micro fiber towels I can buy. They won't to strip the hood and reapply I don't feel like having it set for another 3 weeks. Had the wheels coated to prevent brake dust went to dry them after rinsing them off with a micro fiber towel quests what scratches.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Something wrong with what they did. 9H refers to the hardness scale and it is very hard and scratch resistant. It will not self heal like a good wrap will, but should bead water for at least 5 years and be nearly scratch resistant. First question. Does it bead water? I did my non wrapped portions of 3 cars myself (not Ceramic Pro but CQuartz) and they have been great. And Ceramic Pro is a top coating. Now it is very expensive and it is entirely possible that the shop tried to cut corners and bought a watered down version. And it does not take 3 weeks to set. I kept mine inside the garage for 48 hours just because it was not a DD. 3 days would be the max time it needs to cure and be impermeable to water. If you want do a search on YouTube for cheap ceramic coatings and you will see several tests people have done using some of the less expensive unknown brand coatings that are floating around. My next door neighbor is a wrapper and he did one of my cars with Ceramic Pro. He had to go to a school they taught even to buy the stuff, but he made 2 comments. First it is too darned expensive. I think he paid several hundred dollars for a 30 ml bottle. I paid $80 for my CQuartz in 30 ml size. Mine did 2 cars. Second he said it was so easy to do he couldn't imagine that anyone would actually pay him to apply it.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:09 PM
crank grinder
Intermediate

Default Rip off

I just talked to a friend who’s brother worked there and quit because he did not won’t to work for a bunch of shysters. Better business bureau here I come.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:19 PM
iTom
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by pkincy
Something wrong with what they did. 9H refers to the hardness scale and it is very hard and scratch resistant. It will not self heal like a good wrap will, but should bead water for at least 5 years and be nearly scratch resistant. First question. Does it bead water? I did my non wrapped portions of 3 cars myself (not Ceramic Pro but CQuartz) and they have been great. And Ceramic Pro is a top coating. Now it is very expensive and it is entirely possible that the shop tried to cut corners and bought a watered down version. And it does not take 3 weeks to set. I kept mine inside the garage for 48 hours just because it was not a DD. 3 days would be the max time it needs to cure and be impermeable to water. If you want do a search on YouTube for cheap ceramic coatings and you will see several tests people have done using some of the less expensive unknown brand coatings that are floating around. My next door neighbor is a wrapper and he did one of my cars with Ceramic Pro. He had to go to a school they taught even to buy the stuff, but he made 2 comments. First it is too darned expensive. I think he paid several hundred dollars for a 30 ml bottle. I paid $80 for my CQuartz in 30 ml size. Mine did 2 cars. Second he said it was so easy to do he couldn't imagine that anyone would actually pay him to apply it.
After reading as much as I could about ceramic coatings and getting a $2000+ price quote, I decided to do the CQuartz treatment myself on my 2019 Grand Sport. Following some great Youtube demonstrations, I successfully treated my car for a fraction of the cost I was quoted. I did the wheels, the interior surfaces as well as the car and it turned out perfect. I foam wash and rinse it every few weeks and there's not a mark or swirl to be seen. I know Long Beach Red is not as difficult as Black...but the shine just won't stop. I too kept it in the garage for 48 hours after application, then took it to the best window tint guy in town to have the window's done. I would definitely recommend the CQuartz product and encourage you to try it. I did take the time to carefully buff out the car with compound and did the 50/50 alcohol/water wipe down twice before applying.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:16 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

That is the way to go about it. I, too, watched a lot of YouTube before I tried my first car and by far the hardest part of the job is getting the paint as good as possible before you do the IPA wipe and then the CQuartz application. Those last 2 are simple.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:10 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

This post is very frustrating for me. As an honest detailer finding others cutting corners just makes my blood boil. It puts a bad name on all of us.
Have I had a few mistakes, you bet, but then without hesitation, I will redo the car. Sometimes you have no idea why the Ceramic did not take, but any installer worth their salt should not hesitate to correct any problems.
UGH!!!!
The following users liked this post:
ronkh57 (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 07:25 PM
Deicide
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
This post is very frustrating for me. As an honest detailer finding others cutting corners just makes my blood boil. It puts a bad name on all of us.
Have I had a few mistakes, you bet, but then without hesitation, I will redo the car. Sometimes you have no idea why the Ceramic did not take, but any installer worth their salt should not hesitate to correct any problems.
UGH!!!!
I didn't go with Ceramic Pro, rather Feynlab Self Heal Lite. Regardless, one thing I looked for before settling on an installer/detailer was to ask for a portfolio of cars they had been entrusted to work on to review first. As well as references to contact on my own to ask them independently about the work performed.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:43 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Deicide
I didn't go with Ceramic Pro, rather Feynlab Self Heal Lite. Regardless, one thing I looked for before settling on an installer/detailer was to ask for a portfolio of cars they had been entrusted to work on to review first. As well as references to contact on my own to ask them independently about the work performed.
I love Feynlab products. I have had the most success in my shop with them, with zero problems. In fact I have seen Heal Lite fill in swirls and minor scratches on several cars that simply blew me away. I just purchased a car that I will use for mobile detailing andout of all the products I have used, Feynlabs is going on it.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:03 AM
MrGary2011
Burning Brakes

Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

I installed CQ Quartz U.K. and it saved my butt! Recently I had a problem with the car where I had the transport it 700 miles back home via a car carrier transporter. I was not happy when I received the car back home as the car looked like strapping was used across the windshield and down along the mirrors/doors on both sides. The car showed rubbing into the surface. The car was a mess being hauled over the hi way (ever happens again she will get an inclosed transporter). Anyway I cleaned the car up and began working on the damaged areas. Fortunately the Ceramic barrier protected the paint and the paint was un harmed. After some deep cut polish (several times) the blemishes were gone. Cleaned the area up, removed any polish and reapplied the CQ Quartz! All is well with "SUZYQ". So glad I had a protectant on the paint surface.

Last edited by MrGary2011; 12-24-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Ceramic Pro 9-H Coating