Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino AIO question

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 02:16 PM
AZGASSER
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 211 Posts

Default Zaino AIO question

I am getting ready to do a little polish job on my black Z. I am using Zaino AIO as the base layer and was planning on using my DA polisher to apply it. My question is, what type of pad should I use? I have orange pads for light cutting, white for pure polish, blue for heavy cutting. The surface is pretty good, some fine lines from wiping down with QD daily/weekly.
Thanks in advance!
Old 10-21-2017, 01:24 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by AZGASSER
I am getting ready to do a little polish job on my black Z. I am using Zaino AIO as the base layer and was planning on using my DA polisher to apply it. My question is, what type of pad should I use? I have orange pads for light cutting, white for pure polish, blue for heavy cutting. The surface is pretty good, some fine lines from wiping down with QD daily/weekly.
Thanks in advance!
Since your car is dark, I would use the Orange pad for light cutting. I do this for most cars that come into my shop. AIO is very, very mild so the light cutting pad will help remove very, very minor swirl marks and should not leave any holograms(very minor scratches that are circular and dull the shine).
A heavy cutting pad can leave behind holograms, just by it's very nature.
The polish pad will not remove anything but surface dirt that the claybar did not get.

Quick Reply: Zaino AIO question