Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Best time to detail

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 07:25 AM
vette-oholic
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Best time to detail

It's pretty much winter now in new England and my vette will be stored in a non-climate controlled garage all winter with a battery tender.

It gets detailed and waxed once per year and was wondering if anyone has a preference on detailing/waxing her now or would you wait until spring? and why?

thanks!
Old 11-13-2017, 09:38 AM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by vette-oholic
It's pretty much winter now in new England and my vette will be stored in a non-climate controlled garage all winter with a battery tender.

It gets detailed and waxed once per year and was wondering if anyone has a preference on detailing/waxing her now or would you wait until spring? and why?

thanks!
Most detail products recommend use temps around 60 to 65 degrees minimum with a maximum around 95 or so. If there is any way you could warm up your garage you should be good. Rental shops will have portable heaters that may work for you. In general you can detail anytime as long as the surface of the vehicle is not hot and iout of the sun with the outside air temp 60 plus degrees.

Last edited by cmonkey713; 11-13-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:25 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,553 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

If the car is going to sit all winter, it just makes good sense to put it into hibernation clean, without any dirt on the paint. I always give mine a good detailing before winter, but keep looking for windows of opportunity to drive when the roads are clear and dry.

Get notified of new replies

To Best time to detail

Quick Reply: Best time to detail