Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Detailers: what do you know about the ceramic coating Sonax CC36?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 02:55 PM
DGA3
Drifting

Received 639 Likes on 424 Posts
Default Detailers: what do you know about the ceramic coating Sonax CC36?

A local detailing shop has a special deal where you can get the front end of your vehicle wrapped with LLumar PPF, and the entire car coated with Sonax CC36. The shop says that "before applying the ceramic coat, the paint is refined with a 3-step buffing system from Sonax. Spots that need advanced correction like wet sanding touch up are refined and leveled. The ceramic coating process is a two day event, and is the true Spa treatment your car is looking for."

So what do you know about Sonax? Is it a decent ceramic coating?

What about LLumar? I asked if they also offered xpel, and they do. However, they said that LLumar looks better ("wetter") on a black car like my Z06. True, or not?
Old 01-16-2018, 01:37 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Ok, you got me I order it tonight. If it is as excellent as the rest of the Sonax line it should be an awesome product.
In my shop I use several Sonax products that simply kick butt and are of incredible quality.
I have no doubts this will be the same.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:16 AM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Sonax products are top notch, I would go for it.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:34 AM
DGA3
Drifting

Received 639 Likes on 424 Posts

Wow!

Two "thumbs up" so far.

Sounds positive to me . . . . .

(any more opinions?)
Old 02-27-2018, 03:05 PM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
Ok, you got me I order it tonight. If it is as excellent as the rest of the Sonax line it should be an awesome product.
In my shop I use several Sonax products that simply kick butt and are of incredible quality.
I have no doubts this will be the same.
You have a detail shop? Tell me more... Please PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:22 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by DGA3

What about LLumar? I asked if they also offered xpel, and they do. However, they said that LLumar looks better ("wetter") on a black car like my Z06. True, or not?
No comment on Sonax product you asked(zero experience with it), however, I have something to add for your thoughts on LLumar. I have had 3M clear bra(just over 10 years ago) installed, LLumar PPF(just over 6 years ago), and now I have only X-Pel ultimate on my vehicles. I think Suntek may be the better PPF, but I can say one thing without regret, LLumar is not a good product. Stay away from it. 3M's PPF was much better in use than the LLumar was. The vehicle with LLumar was always intended to be sold/traded after kid left for college, so I left it as was. If it was any vehicle I intended to keep, I would have had it removed and replaced by X-Pel.

Get notified of new replies

To Detailers: what do you know about the ceramic coating Sonax CC36?

Quick Reply: Detailers: what do you know about the ceramic coating Sonax CC36?