Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Interior Detail spray/cleaners? recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 10:06 AM
davered00ss
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Interior Detail spray/cleaners? recomendations?

Just wondering what people are using for interiors? Dash, Doors, trim etc.,

I always just used Armor All.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:30 AM
KyJim
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

I just wipe mine down with a damp microfiber towel. Never want to use Armor All as it contains silicone.
The leather is coated with plastic, so leather conditioners are of no use and there is nothing to hydrate.

Just wipe it off and keep it clean.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:41 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,246 Likes on 914 Posts

Aerospaace 303 gives a nice natural look without a greasy look or streaking.
The following users liked this post:
90Fun (02-04-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Inferno24
Racer

Received 311 Likes on 137 Posts

Another vote for 303. I spray some on a microfiber cloth and dust the interior. It picks up all the dust and scuffs on the door panels and leaves a light satin finish behind.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:44 PM
Allan
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by KyJim
I just wipe mine down with a damp microfiber towel. Never want to use Armor All as it contains silicone.
The leather is coated with plastic, so leather conditioners are of no use and there is nothing to hydrate.

Just wipe it off and keep it clean.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:30 AM
cpt11gs
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Just wondering what people are using for interiors? Dash, Doors, trim etc.,

I always just used Armor All.
I use Nextzett Cockpit Premium, works well and gives a nice clean smell.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:57 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
Aerospaace 303 gives a nice natural look without a greasy look or streaking.
What I use and I have a whole shelf of other products I tried.

I even use it on my tires. leaves them looking like new but not greasy.

Last edited by Boomer111; 02-06-2018 at 05:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
chasboland (02-07-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 07:43 AM
Sunset-C6
Le Mans Master

Received 133 Likes on 75 Posts

All purpose cleaner & water works great.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:16 AM
toddbvanslyke
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought a gallon of FinishPro from my Corvette guru. It's a pro product not available in retail stores. It's the best I've ever used to clean and even restore (to a point) the leather and vinyl in my car. Downside: it's not sprayable, so you have to load up a microfiber cloth and wipe on/wipe off. For quick interior spritz, I use Griot's Garage interior detailer spray to dust off and freshen up the dash, console and seats.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:48 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,225 Likes on 1,586 Posts

I clean with Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner diluted 10/1 with distilled water in a spray bottle. Microfiber cloths only. For treating the interior after cleaning, I use Rejuvenation Nation from Honest Wash. I really like it because, unlike many protectants, this is good for using on both leather and on vinyl. Plus you get a 32oz bottle for less than some 16oz products out there.

https://www.washyourcar.com/collecti...nditioner-32oz
Old 02-26-2018, 03:41 PM
SULLY2013
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I've long been a supporter of Wizards Products, they were local to Minnesota when they started and have since branched out a bit without losing any quality or customer service.

With that said after reading TONS of reviews and watching videos I am switching to Adams Polishes products. I have a cart full on their website right now but every-time I look at it I shake my head and think "man is this really $224 better than what I currently use".

I guess I am going to find out....lol.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:18 AM
WIC7Diver
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SULLY2013
I've long been a supporter of Wizards Products, they were local to Minnesota when they started and have since branched out a bit without losing any quality or customer service.

With that said after reading TONS of reviews and watching videos I am switching to Adams Polishes products. I have a cart full on their website right now but every-time I look at it I shake my head and think "man is this really $224 better than what I currently use".

I guess I am going to find out....lol.
Yes they are and if you don't, they offer a 110% guaranty. Been hooked for years but I do like to experiment with others.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:43 AM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

interior , vacuum cleaner and a damp microfiber towel . exterior , really like ''adams'' .
Old 02-27-2018, 06:40 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Default Messed up my dash

Originally Posted by bigcypress
interior , vacuum cleaner and a damp microfiber towel . exterior , really like ''adams'' .
Guys, I really messed up. Brand new GS, Napa leather wrapped dash, console, etc. I used ADAM'S SUPER VRT VINYL, RUBBER & TIRE DRESSING on the dash as I've done on my previous two Corvettes, and it streaked the dash. I've used a light sponge with mild detergent and it improved it, but it's still streaked. The Forum says the leather is treated with plastic so cleaners/treatments don't soak in...don't believe it! Really ticked at myself. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the streaking? Basically areas of lighter and darker colors even though it's slight. My only option may be to use the Adams again but put it on in a consistent layer. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:04 PM
ztheusa
Melting Slicks

Received 341 Likes on 213 Posts

Lemon Pledge..................
Old 02-28-2018, 12:17 AM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,225 Likes on 1,586 Posts

Originally Posted by IAIA
Guys, I really messed up. Brand new GS, Napa leather wrapped dash, console, etc. I used ADAM'S SUPER VRT VINYL, RUBBER & TIRE DRESSING on the dash as I've done on my previous two Corvettes, and it streaked the dash. I've used a light sponge with mild detergent and it improved it, but it's still streaked. The Forum says the leather is treated with plastic so cleaners/treatments don't soak in...don't believe it! Really ticked at myself. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the streaking? Basically areas of lighter and darker colors even though it's slight. My only option may be to use the Adams again but put it on in a consistent layer. Thanks.
Yeah, tire dressing needs to stay on the outside of the car. Yikes...

I would mix a mild solution of safe All-Purpose Cleaner, diluted 10-1 with distilled water. I know the Meguiar's version is safe for cleaning leather. Dampen, not soak, a microfiber and wipe the dash. Let it fully dry. Then use a proper leather conditioner on it. I would imagine the streaking will virtually fade, much like when it is applied to tires.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:22 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
Yeah, tire dressing needs to stay on the outside of the car. Yikes...

I would mix a mild solution of safe All-Purpose Cleaner, diluted 10-1 with distilled water. I know the Meguiar's version is safe for cleaning leather. Dampen, not soak, a microfiber and wipe the dash. Let it fully dry. Then use a proper leather conditioner on it. I would imagine the streaking will virtually fade, much like when it is applied to tires.
Yes, well, the Adam's VRT is very useful on interior components, at least on my C5 and C6 dash, door panels, etc. I don't remember whether the dash was leather or pleather. I am not sure an all-purpose cleaner will do much more besides the mild, diluted detergent I used, but I'll try it. And I also think it will fade over time but would fade faster in the sun, and I park indoors all day. Thanks for the help!

Get notified of new replies

To Interior Detail spray/cleaners? recomendations?

Old 02-28-2018, 02:22 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ztheusa
Lemon Pledge..................
That is just sooo wrong.......
Old 02-28-2018, 03:38 PM
David in NC
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Dash Away
available at Walmart
no shiny or greasy feel
nice product
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Surf-City...ailer/20684291
Old 03-01-2018, 06:36 PM
6speedsteve
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by IAIA
I would call Adams directly tell them what happened & let them give you a solution.

Quick Reply: Interior Detail spray/cleaners? recomendations?