Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

School me on coatings, please

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 04:08 PM
JrRifleCoach
Team Owner

Location: Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Received 639 Likes on 443 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Adam's Polish
There is a lot of good info and video in this link that you can check out.
Feel free to ask any question afterwards.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...ating-kit.html
What video?
Old 04-21-2018, 12:54 PM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Wow - lots of info. Detailing/products/techniques have changed in the last few years. I had a Black C5 - started with the entire Zaino line - loved it at the time. I've tried most sealers/waxes, etc.

Black (dark & Red) cars show the best properties of such products. But now I have a WHITE C6. Not much info on White cars (funny how 1/4th of all cars are usually White). White won't show a mile deep Gloss or the mirror reflection of a Black car, but still it can shine like a diamond and have an illusion of WET Glass look! Does anyone have info on the best balanced Ceramic coating for a WHITE car? I am looking for the extreme brightness in the White and wet-glass look. I am considering Carpro 110 original (not UK) and top it with Reload.

Your view/comments are appreciated

Last edited by Vette_Fan; 04-21-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:28 PM
BudgetPlan1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 608 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by Vette_Fan
Wow - lots of info. Detailing/products/techniques have changed in the last few years. I had a Black C5 - started with the entire Zaino line - loved it at the time. I've tried most sealers/waxes, etc.

Black (dark & Red) cars show the best properties of such products. But now I have a WHITE C6. Not much info on White cars (funny how 1/4th of all cars are usually White). White won't show a mile deep Gloss or the mirror reflection of a Black car, but still it can shine like a diamond and have an illusion of WET Glass look! Does anyone have info on the best balanced Ceramic coating for a WHITE car? I am looking for the extreme brightness in the White and wet-glass look. I am considering Carpro 110 original (not UK) and top it with Reload.

Your view/comments are appreciated
For white, user Ronkh is the master; has a white Z06 that will absolutely burn your retinas with sharp, glossy paint. It's positively unreal...PM him here or over on Autopia forums.

https://www.autopia.org

There's some other masters of white over on Autopia. What they can do with white paint is unbelievable.
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
ronkh57 (04-21-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 07:39 AM
C5Longhorn
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Autotopia has a good sale going on right now, 20% off and free shipping.

Quick Reply: School me on coatings, please