Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Hydroslix

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 07:20 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Default Hydroslix

Correct spelling Hydrosilex.

Anyone have experience with this coating.

Supposed to be idiot proof application and can be layered, ceramic coating.

Link https://hydrosilex.com/pages/facebook

I have googled it and read reviews, looking for Forum members experiences.

I tend to be on the "won't buy" side of the fence.

Last edited by Boomer111; 03-20-2018 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:08 AM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 471 Posts

yep,received some in beginning of Feb. So here it is
On three cars I applied it to the first was washed and that was it. Having been down with shoulder problems since mid summer car was unprotected. I coated entire car once,then applied a second coat a week later. Mike ( CEO-founder) told me to wait a week between coats. This application would be a stand alone. Claims are it's a coating topper or stand alone. Application was as easy as any product I've ever used,melts into paint with o effort and no streaking. I was not impressed with slickness at all. While it did add some, it is one of the least slick surfaces. After a month( car sits outside and saw 2 or 3 snow storms and a couple rains, beading was fairly good.After that I moved car and have not seen it since.
Second car was half the hood polished with FG400 and wiped with Top inspection( both Menzerna products) then 1 coat applied. Beading and self cleaning properties exhibited for 2 weeks and have diminished with each week. Maybe a month it hold but it's failing
Third car half the hood was polished with Sonax 04-06 and cleaned with CarPro Eraser.One coat applied. Initial week was fantastic beading. However after 4 weeks it appears gone-Car was washed once after 2 weeks and showed minimal signs of life.
Ease of application was the same. The product seems very watery and may require several coats to hold up as a stand alone as the 2 coats did much better than the single coat. Waiting to try it over a coating and sealant.
One thing I did use it on to great success was the stainless steel appliances. Cut down on finger prints and makes removal very easy. I will continue to use for that for sure.
I think at this point Reload and Cure are better options as longevity and slickness are better. Waiting for pollen to see how it does with that though before I give up on auto purpose.
Also applied to shower. 2 weeks then faded
The following users liked this post:
tomtoro (04-15-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 09:36 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

So not the longer term protection as advertised.

I currently use the Klasse acrylic system and have for years. I use the sealant mixed with a detail spray every wipe down and I haven't redone the base application in years.

Car finish is still slick and smooth.

The car is garaged and really doesn't see much driving, just a few thousand miles a year, and never in poor weather. So my results are under almost optimal conditions.

Thanks for the reply I came across the product and was curious due to the ease of stated application.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:35 PM
rrichar2591
Drifting

Received 326 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer111
So not the longer term protection as advertised.

I currently use the Klasse acrylic system and have for years. I use the sealant mixed with a detail spray every wipe down and I haven't redone the base application in years.

Car finish is still slick and smooth.

The car is garaged and really doesn't see much driving, just a few thousand miles a year, and never in poor weather. So my results are under almost optimal conditions.

Thanks for the reply I came across the product and was curious due to the ease of stated application.
Hi Boomer. I also continue to use the Klasse system. Once you put me onto the Sonus products I have been very satisfied with the way the finish looks. Going on 10 years with Klasse now and can find no reason to change. Especially when I consider costs of coatings now on the market. Thanks again for the advice a while back.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:26 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

I have also tried it on one of my cars at my shop and it was poor at best. There are a lot of "Ceramics" out there that are pure snake oil.
So many bottom feeders it is becoming difficult for the hobbyist to distinguish the good from the bad.
PM me for recoomendations

Get notified of new replies

To Hydroslix

Quick Reply: Hydroslix