Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Adams foam cannon with this pressure washer...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 12:39 PM
dkpnkc
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by IAIA
Lemme ask this: Is that combination that the OP mentioned enough to clean outside the house, like mildewed roof tiles or even windows?

Also, would a 2000 psi washer do better on the car or is that too much?
I used to have an electric and used it on my house. It was fine for the first level or so, but anything higher it wouldn't hit hard enough to do anything. If you're dealing with a one story home or have the ability to get yourself higher then I personally think it would work fine on your house. I have a 3000 psi gas washer now and I love it.

Also it depends on which tip you use. If you use the zero degree tip on a powerful washer then you can cut right through some materials. I use 25 or 40 degree tips most of the time. The 25 is great for cleaning the drive or when you're wanting to take the stain off of a fence or deck. The 40 is great for rinsing your car.
The following users liked this post:
IAIA (04-24-2018)
Old 04-28-2018, 10:18 PM
walker3
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

I purchased an electric pressure washer because it came with the foam attachment (have a large pressure washer for all other task) works great - on $79 for pressure washer and foam attachment
Old 04-29-2018, 08:38 PM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

I’ve had a foam gun that goes on the end of a hose for 7 or 8 years and mostly use it in the winter on the daily drivers when I’m trying to keep my hands warm as long as possible.
I spray the car down with the foam to cover it, use my chenille mitt with gloves on as fast as possible, rinse, Master Blaster, waffle weave with QD, dress tires, then run inside to thaw out.
Other than that, I never really saw much use for it when a two bucket wash is an option.
My gas pressure washer is way to robust for washing cars.
I guess I wouldn’t mind tryin an electric washer with an appropriate foam gun if it would save some steps, but I’d need some convincing before taking the plunge.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:53 AM
blackmagicZ
Melting Slicks

Received 400 Likes on 241 Posts

Fortunately my Vettes don’t get dirty enough to need a pressure washer. The thing I would watch out for is forcing water in places where you shouldn’t.

Quick Reply: Adams foam cannon with this pressure washer...