Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Spongy brakes..

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 01:32 AM
Sulfide
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spongy brakes..

Hello all, not sure if this is the right forum to post in or not. I just had my calipers and rims powder coated. When I went to put everything back on the brakes are "spongy" and the pedal doesn't resist like it used to. I bled out all 4 brake lines. Any thoughts? Any idea how much it might cost to have this fixed if I take it to a shop?

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2018, 09:50 AM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,239 Likes on 910 Posts

Not the right sub-forum but in answer to your question: There is most likely only one thing that the problem, air in a caliper. Take it to a shop that is familiar with Corvettes and have them pressure bleed the system. I bet that fixes it.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:00 AM
Sulfide
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
Not the right sub-forum but in answer to your question: There is most likely only one thing that the problem, air in a caliper. Take it to a shop that is familiar with Corvettes and have them pressure bleed the system. I bet that fixes it.
so would getting a brake fluid flush by a lube shop fix this? Where I live there are only 2 shops in town (pop <5000) so I can’t take it to a speciality shop or anything.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:22 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,239 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by Sulfide

so would getting a brake fluid flush by a lube shop fix this? Where I live there are only 2 shops in town (pop <5000) so I can’t take it to a speciality shop or anything.
Yes a full flush should do it as long they use pressure bleeder. It sounds like you may want to consider finding a shop that deals in highline cars. I would not trust my Corvette to anyone.

Get notified of new replies

To Spongy brakes..

Quick Reply: Spongy brakes..