Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Is ceramic coating worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 04:33 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Brolicteddy
A local shop is running a special till June 5th 1 step paint correction, gyeon can coat ceramic coating, light interior detailing for 350. He said he can do 2 coats of the gyeon for an extra 50.
Gyeon can coat is GREAT stuff!

It has better gloss and better water repellence and cleaning ability than most. But remember it has supposedly 1/2 the life of other coatings.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:50 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by ronkh57
Gyeon can coat is GREAT stuff!

It has better gloss and better water repellence and cleaning ability than most. But remember it has supposedly 1/2 the life of other coatings.
Very true, but only for a six month duration, unfortunately they are stooping down to the snake oils coatings level, which does not surprise me based on my conversations with their management. No question it is easy to apply, tried it, just did not have what I was looking for as a pro detailer.
In my shop my goal is to bring out what the paint manufacturer was trying to do. All of the ceramics I have tried to date give a decent shine, but don't truly take advantage of making the pearls look pearl and the metallics look 42 feet deep.
This one does just that Feynlab Ceramics
I have a reputation for making the paint look beyond incredible. I have the Zaino combination(s) that do just that.
I could never get any of the Ceramics to match what Zaino can do for making the paint jump out that would attract attention from the general public and create an award winning finish. Kamikaze products came close but not quite there.
Feynlabs came up on my radar, tried it, and it matched what I had with Zaino. Their Ceramic Lite is awesome for those looking to do Ceramic at home.

Quick Reply: Is ceramic coating worth it?